Wesley: the Great Hunt Dog

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Wesley: the Great Hunt Dog

Post by janet909 »

My Wesley is almost 9 years old (I think) and he's always been a hunter. Whether it's rabbits, frogs, birds, you name it, though he rarely actually catches anything. We went camping in the high country this week and you can imagine our surprise when he ran up to us with a small marmot in his mouth. He was so proud and excited. We were shocked :shock: :shock: :shock: This is clearly what they mean when they say "harrassing the wildlife". We had to laugh because Wes is the most patient dog in the world. It's like watching the National Geographic shows when the polar bear sits over the hole on the ice waiting for the poor seal to surface. The bear will sit there for hours. Well, that's my Wes. He actually murdered two over the course of the trip. Ugh. I can't believe his patience when it comes to stalking. Now that he's actually been successful, I don't know what kind of monster he'll become.

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Wesley: the Great Hunt Dog

Post by AuntieMom »

Never a dull moment with Wes. Marmots and other critters everywhere, take note. Wes is watching for you. :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by gagesbarb »

And they never forget where they got it and will check that spot forever :roll:
and at least he didn't eat it...a friend with welsh terriers caught a rabbit in her yard and had it for breakfast :shock:

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

That's impressive!! We are back to hanging a bear bell on Pippa's collar because she is snatching birds out of the air again. Poor things (and especially the babies) don't have a chance because she's sneaky fast!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

gagesbarb wrote:And they never forget where they got it and will check that spot forever :roll:
Oh, don't I know. We could go there next year and he'll run directly to the same rocks where he was successful. Absolutely amazes me !!!!! :roll: :roll: :lol:

Acole
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by Acole »

True....Sammy remembers where the rabbits are on our walk and is always in a hurry to get there. Once we pass the spot he calms down until we get to the next area where the rabbits are. He's never caught anything that I know of. I think he is interested in Lizards too...lol