happy day

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

happy day

Post by gagesbarb »

went out this morning and, finally... didn't get hit with a wall of heat and humidity...Gage, JJ and I were able to go on a 2+ mile walk and not "melt" from the heat...the boys were ready to keep going, but I had to go to work...And yesterday, still hot so we went for a short, around the block walk in the afternoon with our neighbor and her dogs...we reached the corner where we would turn towards home, and
Gage (the "senior" dog) planted his feet and refused...he wanted to turn the other way and keep going...so, we did--bad trainer, happy mom...as my neighbor said, so glad he is enjoying himself, is full of energy and wants to keep going...and this morning when we got home, JJ was so happy--ran in to greet Dad, ran around in circles, play bowing and barking loudly, bouncing up to check the counters and running back to Dad--sometimes their behavior is not so good, but when it represents such happiness, hard to get upset with them :lol: :roll: :lol:

PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: happy day

Post by PCTech01 »

2 mile walks.. You are to be commended! I am a wimp when it comes to walking Oscar in the heat.

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Yes, it's always good to leave August behind and start into my two favorite months, September and October !!!! Nice and cool in the mornings for lots of Brittany energy !!!

Acole
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by Acole »

We are lucky in the desert it cools off just enough most evenings to do our two mile walk...our challenge is losing daylight in the winter months. It's dark when we get home. Our delima now is we are thinking of down sizing to a smaller house, but that means a smaller yard, but also means a gated community where it would be safe to walk the dogs after dark...anyone else have their Britts in a smaller backyard? Do they do okay?