flushing treats

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

flushing treats

Post by gagesbarb »

We went to a play session put on by a trainer friend...aimed at "high energy" dogs who tend to get very excited in these kinds of situations but who are not aggressive or reactive in that sense, just exuberant :roll: That fits JJ...the dogs had a great time...they all seemed to understand each other and not take offense at each others' sometimes less than polite approaches... We were in a big room, and JJ ran around with his nose to the ground, checking out everyones' treat bags and pockets, "stealing" treats when he could...fortunately, (or unfortunately for training purposes), everyone thought he was clever and cute...my friend said he looked like what she imagined a brittany would do in a big field when he was hunting--checking out the field, following scents and finding birds...we don't hunt, but I thought her description was right-on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: flushing treats

Post by Cindy »

We often say that about Layla - "she'd be a great dog for someone who hunts!" Sounds like JJ and Layla could be best friends :D
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by gagesbarb »

I think I remember you said one of your dogs is very enthusiastic and can overwhelm other dogs in her "friendliness..." Was that Layla?

Thunderbolt_A10
Puppy

Post by Thunderbolt_A10 »

It's true that it isn't really a behavior issue: quite the contrary, your dog's a great hunter and can has understood where the food comes from and how to secure it! :lol:

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

The play session sounds so fun. Teddy would benefit from something like that because he would run around and hunt. He would be too excited to eat his treats much less anyone else's. :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie