cold brrr

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

cold brrr

Post by gagesbarb »

Hope everyone who is dealing with this bitter cold is OK...we're right on the southern edge of it (St. Louis) and will be back in 20's tomorrow...JJ loves the cold, but obviously we won't let him stay out in this weather...and no walks, so we'll have to find other ways to burn energy. One of his favorite games is "hide and seek;" :D Another is "chase the cat" :roll: fortunately, they have learned that if they don't want to play, they just look at him with that withering cat look, and he walks off...

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: cold brrr

Post by Cindy »

BRRRR is right! Going down to the single digits in VA tonight with windchill -10 to -20. I worked today but John tried to take the dogs for a run but just too cold for everyone. Well, I guess the dogs would have continued but too cold for John :D I just let them out for their final pee break of the night and Pippa stretched a bunch and high tailed it back inside to the sofa and Layla headed for her crate. It just makes me happy that these 2 dogs have such a great place to hunker down in this weather compared to where they came from. Life is good - just a little on the cold side!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Yesterday it was zero when I was out running errands. Schools were out and we had no mail either. I went to the Asian market by my house to pick up rice and the owner’s daughter was outside blowing bubbles and watching them freeze. Yeah, that is cold. Teddy wants to be outside to chase squirrels and birds who gather at our feeder which he cannot reach since we put a barrier fence around the area. CharLee has it right, she just wants to nap. Today it was ten degrees. Heat wave! :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

We had 9 degrees this morning but no wind so wasn't bad at all. By the weekend it's going to be in the upper 50s then upper 60s by Tuesday. That will feel like summer except that all the frozen ground will turn to mud again which means lots of paw dipping and wiping. :roll:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by gagesbarb »

We were finally able to go for a long walk this morning...sunny and low 30's...felt so good! Here too--unfortunately, the melting snow/ice will be mud...fortunately JJ is good about getting in the bathtub and getting rinsed off...the hand held shower-head is a life saver :D