Will Winter Never End???

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Will Winter Never End???

Post by AuntieMom »

We are in the Midwest and have had more snow than I can remember in a long time. Teddy (who is 2) had been used to walking with my husband to burn off puppy energy. That is not happening now because the streets are salty, icy and dangerous. My husband has been making paths in the snow for CharLee (who is blind and 9 yrs old) so she can find her way around when she goes out to potty. Our backyard looks like polar bears should live there.

I am ready for spring.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Will Winter Never End???

Post by Cindy »

I feel for you! We haven't had a winter like that in a long time but we had to do the same thing - make tracks for the dogs to walk in because it was too deep for them to leap through. We are just dealing with copious amounts of rain (which started last May and hasn't ended) which means lots of mud and red clay to wash off the dogs every time they come and go (which is often as we all know). I'd kill for a good solid week of wind, sun, and temps in the 50s just to start to dry things out. Unfortunately in Virginia, March tends to be our snowiest month. But at least I know that we'll also have warmer days so it doesn't stick around for long.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: Will Winter Never End???

Post by gagesbarb »

Same issues here! We also walk everyday with JJ, who just turned 8, and says he is still a puppy, so also needs to burn puppy energy :lol: Yesterday, he came into the kitchen and just started barking his head off as if to say, "It's walk time...Let's go! What's the matter with you!" We bundled up and walked around the block...much less than usual, but then he got an extra bone, so he forgave us...I try to remind myself that in July, I'll look back fondly at the cold...