Our litter is 4 weeks old!!!

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Bernie's mom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Our litter is 4 weeks old!!!

Post by Bernie's mom »

Hi!
Ok, first off, I am going to share pics of young pups, so if this is a no-no let me know ASAP & I'll remove them!

Last summer I told you we were getting a puppy, well they're here and they'll be 4 weeks old tomorrow (saturday).
Mom is o/w and dad is l/w. They have 6 o/w pups (4 boys, 2 girls) and one l/w boy. All the boys came first with the 2 girls arriving at the end! The breeder laughed and said that they just kept coming out boy, boy, boy, boy, oh boy! Ah ha!!! Girls! lol!

Kevin & I now live for saturdays as we get weekly birthday pics. I won't flood you with pics, but I will share some here so you can watch them grow!

We have pick of the litter but we can not "lay claim" on our puppy yet, not til after their 6 week vet check to be sure everyone is healthy. We still can't decide!!! I hate to choose by coat pattern alone, cuz they're both so cute. The girls' collars are pink and yellow. Yellow has more orange which we prefer, but pink just has such a sweet little face, even though her face is almost identical to her sister. So the 5th week we're going to head down to meet them and play with them and see which one we fall in love with... & see which one chooses us.

All I really know to do is to let them get distracted with play and then clap my hands loudly to see how they react once startled. I'll also roll them on their backs to see who settles first. So any more ways to discover temperament on such a young creature, plmk!

Ok! You ready?!?!

Birth!!!

One week old

Two weeks old

Three weeks old, they're getting huge!!!

I think liver tooted, hahaha!!!

Here are the girls, could you die? <3 <3 <3

Bernie 11/30/03-12/12/15

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Our litter is 4 weeks old!!!

Post by AuntieMom »

Who cannot love a precious Brittany face. They are precious. I can't wait to hear about who you pick, why, her name, and all that wonderful puppy stuff.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by gagesbarb »

Oh my...me too...can't wait to hear/see more...soooo cute! I have a good friend who breeds welsh terriers and does a puppy aptitude test when they are 7 weeks old...things like seeing if they follow a person walking around, seeing if they will chase a wad of paper and "retrieve" it, response to sound, holding them on their backs, stroking them...gives a general idea of temperament...My friend does the neurological stimulation things with her puppies, does lots of exposures (we get to come play, pet, hold them)...lots of fun!!

Dogmom
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by Dogmom »

I am going to share pics of young pups, so if this is a no-no let me know ASAP
Bernie's mom, the day that puppy pics are a no-no here at ABR is the day that I remove my registration! :lol:

What I think is so adorable about your post (besides the precious pics of fat little pup sausages, of course) is the minute details you notice about each pup & how it differs from its littermates.

I imagine that people who don't get dog adoration might just think all the pups are alike. :roll: Seriously? I totally get your desire to match with the personality of the pup you choose. After all, you will be adopting a new little dog soul into your family for what I hope is well over 15 years. This is a wonderful and monumental decision.

On the other hand, I am sure that whichever pup you get will adapt to your family just fine and you will learn to love its idiosyncrasies to pieces. After a while, you won't be able to imagine your home without your new pup's fur face in it.

Thank you for making my day and please keep us all updated (with lots of pics, of course). :D :D :D

Dogmom

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

I'm so excited for you that you'll be getting a puppy. These guys are absolutely adorable :D :D
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Oh, they are all so wonderful, how in the world to choose??? :D I'm green with envy, BUT SO HAPPY for you and Kevin to have all this to look forward to, soooo exciting :D And more pictures, can never be too many puppy pictures :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

Bernie's mom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Bernie's mom »

YOU ASKED FOR IT!!!
We got up yesterday and it was rainy and yucky and my stircrazy hubby and I said, hey! Let's go see the puppies!
A 3 hour drive, 2 hour visit, and 179 pics and videos later, here is an update!!!

Puppy breath, ooooooooooo my gosh <3 <3 <3
Little puppy barks, teeheehee!!!
Snoozing pupper in your arms, priceless.

These are pics of the 2 girls. I'm leaning towards yellow, but pink is so sweet too. We're going to visit again in a week or so and who knows how I'll feel at that point!

I hope you're sitting down now, and let the "aaaaaaawwwwwwww's" commence!

*giggles* twice yellow burrowed her way in behind Kevin

Mommy!

Bernie 11/30/03-12/12/15

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

You cannot go wrong with any of those puppies. Bernie's legacy puppy will be spoiled sweet! :D

gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by gagesbarb »

Oh my!! Choosing would be sooo hard!! Tell us about what you're thinking about pink and yellow...Puppies are so full of mischief, but then you look at those faces or they curl up in your arms or they give you a kiss, and all is forgiven...I teach puppy classes and it is so incredible to watch them grow and learn!! Thanks for sharing! :D :D :D

Bernie's mom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Bernie's mom »

We're going down to visit & choose our pup tomorrow!!! (wednesday).

Which one...
Which one...
Which one...
Bernie 11/30/03-12/12/15

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Bernie's mom wrote:We're going down to visit & choose our pup tomorrow!!! (wednesday).

Which one...
Which one...
Which one...
*tapping my foot waiting*

Bernie's mom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Bernie's mom »

Hi! Well through the magic of FB messenger AuntieMom already knows, and after a few hours of trying to figure out this technology crud I got the pics off of my phone and onto the pc, then had a mild heart attack when I realized that all of the pics and videos were now magically GONE off of my phone. Somehow I figured out how to copy them over and got them back onto my phone... slowbucket uploaded so here we go!

Cuteness: OVERLOAD!
Decision: Made!!!

YELLOW is our girl! How did I choose? Well, deep in my heart I knew it was always yellow, but I really wanted to be open to pink, just in case, didn't want to make a snap decision, but on the way down I did the coin trick in my head... heads it's yellow and tails it's pink, but then when I imagined it being tails I felt a little pain of sad which confirmed that my heart wanted yellow. The freckles confirmed it tho!!!!!

Here's pink! I asked the breeder to send this pic to pink's mom!

Bernie 11/30/03-12/12/15

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

I don't know how you could ever decide - I think I'd have to come home with the entire bunch! Super cute!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

gagesbarb
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by gagesbarb »

the picture where she is giving you a kiss clearly shows that she is the one :D :D :D And her name???

Bernie's mom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Bernie's mom »

haha! nope! Her name will be revealed when we bring her home! 2 weeks to go!
Bernie 11/30/03-12/12/15