Merry Christmas, old friends!

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Merry Christmas, old friends!

Post by Muddy Creek Britts »

I know you're out there somewhere.
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Re: Merry Christmas, old friends!

Post by Barb Wright »

:) Ah, yes....quite a few still here but everyone seems to be in "lurk" mode :lol: Hope you (and every "lurker" out there) have a fun and safe Holiday Season :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

At least someone checks back here every once in a while! I'm late to the game but Happy New Year!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

NYC John
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by NYC John »

I thought this forum went to the Rainbow Bridge! Just came across it again accidentally. I lost my 15 yr old Brit (Jiggs) in April 2017. Adopted a Llewellen English Setter from Turkey shortly after. He was a great dog but I had him only 17 months. In April 2019 I adopted a rescue from North Carolina who was advertised as an English Setter but he is only 38 lbs and looks alot like a French Brittany. He also is a great dog. I think I am going to try one of those DNA tests to find out what he really is. He has a tail like an English Setter but a face like a French Brittany. I've seen some shelters that advertise a "pocket setter" that looks like mine but I am not sure what exactly a "pocket setter" is. I still miss my Britt Jiggs and as I type this I am looking at his photo. I still follow the Britts on the various Facebook sites and I'll again monitor this forum often. I guess you can never forget your first Britt.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

This forum has pretty much gone by the wayside since there's no direct link from the new ABR website. But that being said, you can still get on here. Happy to hear from you and I do remember you saying that you lost Jiggs ( :cry: :cry: ). It would be interesting to do the DNA test on your new dog as many of these spaniels and setters seem to have alot of similarities.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

NYC John
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by NYC John »

Thank You, Cindy. I am happy that I re-found this forum. Last night I scrolled through a bunch of old posts. The owners' names and Britts were very familiar. Sadly as expected many of the dogs are no longer with us. I always found this site a great source of information for dogs in general and not just only Brits. I think that I will go ahead with the DNA test. Yesterday I was looking at the "Setter Rescue" Facebook page and I came across several dogs that look very similar to my current English Setter or French Brittany named Clancy. Whatever he turns out to be will be fine with me. i just have to satisfy my curiosity. If given the opportunity in the future I still wouldn't mind adopting another American Brittany.

Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Post by Muddy Creek Britts »

Hello, all you old-timers! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year! I'd upload pictures of my three, but this forum is so 2000 that I don't have the will to go through the 150 steps to get one posted.😉 Why would ABR not have a link from the homepage? One little link taking up too much room? It's like reverse marketing. "How can we make this page less user-friendly and do as little as possible to draw traffic. I see we still have brilliant minds in charge. Probably the same ones who moderate Brittany pages on FB who make it so unenjoyable to follow their 650 rules that people tell them to shove it. God, I missed my soapbox here!😂 Prayers and blessings, all you good folks!
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

:D Amen to your "rant".....being orphaned is discouraging for sure !! Coming here now is like visiting a graveyard at midnight...eerie and echoing with voices from the past :wink: Oh well, I guess our demotion is called moving on, whether we like it or not :D Take care old friend....was good to see your name and " hear" your humor once again :)

Be well.....Barb
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13