Westminster brittany showing

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
StFrost
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Westminster brittany showing

Post by StFrost »

Just the website for the breed showing.

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/vi ... t|brittany

When is a brittany going to win?

HOPE
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by HOPE »

Thanks for posting it I never get to see it on TV. I love watching Britts they did very well. :D
Jackie M.
I promise I will be good this year

Natalie
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Natalie »

That was pretty cool. What got me was the Pedigree adoption commercial shown before. What a tearjerker!!! :cry:

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

We watched the breed show last night on the computer. Only saw one liver and white Britt. Guess they don't do too well in the show ring??
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Lorie
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Lorie »

Thanks for sharing the link, appreciate it.
Lorie

"Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I will probably be a dog. Sigh! There's so little room for advancement."
Snoopy

swillow66
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by swillow66 »

When is a brittany going to win?
I think Miss Tessa can do it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Madison and Riley "Waiting for Spring!"

To the world you are just one person, but to one person you can mean the world

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

First, I would never be able to judge. I would be too busy kissing noses.

Second, we have two l & w Britts. There was one l & w that had a beautiful, beautiful dark silky coat. Ours get that "funky fur." What do they do to keep it dark???

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

AuntieMom wrote:..Ours get that "funky fur." What do they do to keep it dark???
These show dogs are intact....that is a big help toward keeping a "non-funky" coat. The dry cottony looking hair is somewhat common on both male and female altered dogs :cry:
Last edited by Barb Wright on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

I give them a supplement and feed them high quality dog food. At least I know now that funky fur is not because I am a bad mommy. My babies are both altered - and you knew it. So I feel like I just got a compliment from you. :D :D :D

Helen E.
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Helen E. »

Jester came close to winning a few years ago. I met him at our local dog show 2 weeks after Westminster and he's a gorgeous dog. I'm afraid that if a Brittany did win that rescue would end up swamped with Britts later. I'd rather they remain our secret! :wink:

Natalie - Agree with you about that Pedigree shelter commercial. I've been seeing it for several weeks and it upsets me everytime. "I don't know how I ended up here. I'm a good dog and I just want to go home." :cry:

Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Alifaire »

Now I know what to call Victor's cottony coat - 'funky fur'!

That answered one of my questions about him. Now I won't worry about it being allergy related.

He had a beautiful silky coat when we adopted him from the shelter, but (according to a Brittany handler) the stress caused him to blow out his coat. Last summer he looked more like a hound than a Brittany. The only feathering he had left was a little on his front elbows. He has since been neutered and most of his coat has returned - except with a lot of funky fur.

Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Dave »

Jester came close to winning a few years ago. I met him at our local dog show 2 weeks after Westminster and he's a gorgeous dog. I'm afraid that if a Brittany did win that rescue would end up swamped with Britts later. I'd rather they remain our secret!
Is Jester still alive ? He must be an old man Brittany now . I think it was the late 90s that he won the sporting group . I saw him two years in the sporting group on TV , second year he won Sporting and went to "Best in Show " group . I believe he got second in Best in Show . He is one beautiful Brittany , almost as nice as Levi or Blaze :wink: Dave
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers

Myra
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Myra »

Helen E. wrote:I'm afraid that if a Brittany did win that rescue would end up swamped with Britts later. I'd rather they remain our secret! :wink:
I agree.

Popularity so often marks a huge downfall for a breed. BYBs, puppymills, people getting them w/o doing research and because they're "cute" (and having no idea of the exercise needs, etc.). And then there would be the inevitable "poo" mixes. :roll: I hope it never happens to Britts!

StFrost
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by StFrost »

Sporting Breed Winners:
http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/hi ... nners.html

I completely forgot about Jester, winner in 03 and 02.

GOod points about winning though, then everyone would want one...

Helen E.
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Helen E. »

Dave - I hope Jester's still alive. I think he was about 6 yrs old when he won in 2003, so he would be 10-11 yrs old now. Two of his offspring showed at Westminster this year - his daughter came in 2nd in breed judging (Best of Opposite Sex).