Collar Tags

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
NancyH
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Collar Tags

Post by NancyH »

I need some sources for the kind of collar tags that weave onto the collar.

I'm terrified the rings that hold the tags are going to get on something and off will come the ID.

Thanks all
Nancy

Myra
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Myra »

Boomerang

Best tags ever.

My cats have the kind of tags you're talking about (from Boomerang). They've had them for about three years now, and they haven't budged.

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

I second the boomerang tags.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD

Helen E.
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Helen E. »

I third the boomerang tags! I ordered the collar tags for adjustable collars about 5 years ago for our girls. They are still as easy to read as the day they arrived.

Annie'sRebecca
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Annie'sRebecca »

Another endorsement for Boomerang tags! I just have the plastic ones and they've lasted longer than the metal ones I got before from the little booth inside PetsMart.
Annie & Rowdy

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

Hmmmm...I might have to order those Boomerang tags. Maggie has already lost 2 complete sets of tags-lifetime license, rabies tag, etc. I broke down and got a collar for each of the girls that has their name and phone number embroidered right on the collar to help id them in an emergency (and yes, they are also microchipped) But I'd still like to have a good set of tags for each of them.

hdbrittany
Puppy

more on Boomerang tags

Post by hdbrittany »

Hi,

All three of our Brittanys have Boomerang tags. We use both the slip on type and the clip-on for adjustable collars. They never come off. The collar tag will never wear out. You'll probably replace the collar before the tags. I recommend them. The Boomerang service is fast. You'll get the tag(s) in about three days after you order them from their web site. Visit our Boys web site for a pic of the tags. By the way, if you order more than one, you get a break on the price.

http://home.earthlink.net/~hdbrittany/A ... get15.html

Tglaub
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by Tglaub »

I will add another recommendation for Boomerang tags. The four dogs, and three cats each has one. The cats have the metal ones that slide onto a then leather collar and they don't mind them a bit. The dogs have the plastic ones but I will be replacing with the metal sliding kind soon since we changed vets and I include a vet number on the tag as well.

JLeBlanc
Puppy

Post by JLeBlanc »

Tags that hang from a collar are extremely dangerous and will never use again since several years ago we almost lost our Brittany. We had a wood pallet for him to lay on near his dog house. Apparently the tag got caugt in between the slats and when my daughter came home from school he was unresponsive due to a hanging typeof accident. He was unable to move and choking to death.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

YIKES!!! Talk about a close call. Bet your daughter was scared to death. We've always used those brass tags that they rivet right on to the collar and they work well. The place that does it will remove it and place it on a new collar if you buy it from them. I like these boomerang ones though... maybe next time.

What are you thoughts on having the vet phone on the tag? I've never done that before and it sounds like a good idea.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Tglaub
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by Tglaub »

One of our cats has asthma and is on much needed medication. If he were to become lost the vet would know this info.
As for the dogs its just another number that is local that we could be reached. My brother lives in Co and a couple years back one of his dogs got out the back gate. His vet called and said someone had found his dog and called the vet#. They then dropped the dog off at the vet and was boarded until he could pick him up. At the time they were in the process of moving.