New to the Board

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

New to the Board

Post by mkilcz »

Just a quick hello... My name is Marge and I live in Maryland, north of Baltimore. My husband and I have two
teen-age sons, and a 10 yr-old daughter. Of course our family wouldn't be complete without our two Britts, Jack and Rocket. Rocket came to us through a breeder after our first brittany passed away at age 13. He is a 7 yr-old L/W male. We adopted Jack thru ABR 3 years ago. He is an O/W 3 yr-old male. Ironically, Jack came to us with his AKC papers, and it turns out that the two dogs are cousins! I will admit that I have lurked this board fairly regularly over the years since we got Jack. I've always found great advice and information here, and I enjoy hearing about the antics and mischief that other brittanys get into. It's great to know that we're not the only ones with goofy dogs! Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I'll post a pic if I can make one of my kids show me how, lol.

Marge

Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: New to the Board

Post by Dave »

Welcome :) . We have a good group here and would like to see pictures of your dogs . There is a Dual Champion Brittany named "Rocket" here in Mt. He's an old boy now , but I see many of his pups around .

Thanks for adopting a Rescued Brittany 8) Dave
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers

DelawareBritts
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by DelawareBritts »

Welcome to the wonderful world of ABR. Just as an FYI, there is a Adoption Day event in Columbia on Sunday, March 22, 2009 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. ABR will be there in all our glory. Club Pooche Canine Facility located at 9147 Red Branch Road, Columbia MD. Would love to meet you!
I sleep with Brittanys...

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Welcome and glad to have you! If you live in MD then I might get to meet you when we have our yearly ABR get together. Both of our girls were adopted through ABR. You'll have to figure out how to post pictures so we can see your boys!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Welcome Marge, happy to have you on board....looking forward to photos and hearing about your Britts :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

We got Maggie from a breeder in MD! Probably not the same as you, though. I know Maggie's breeder rarely breeds. In fact, I think she said the litter with Maggie was her first one in about 5 years, if I remember correctly. Anyway, welcome!!!

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Hi, Marge. A warm welcome to you. My name is Nancy and I live in Nebraska with our two l/w Brittanys, Scout (age 6) and Kallie (5), and our o/w foster dog, Trapper (almost 6.) Scout is from a breeder in Iowa, we adopted Kallie four years ago through ABR and Trapper is from a different planet yet to be discovered. No lack of antics here. :D
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

Oops! I meant to say that Jack is 5 years old.
Regarding Rocket, the breeder we went to was actually in PA, just over the MD line. He has quite an impressive pedigree, but we lucked out because the breeder was having some trouble placing him (he'd already been returned twice for various reasons). The breeder thought he'd be a good fit for our family, and let him go for a minimal cost. Funny thing is, we never had any major problems with him other than the normal brittany stuff, so I guess it was just meant to be. I was really hurting after losing our senior girl, and Rocket was the one who pulled me through.
With Jack it was a little bit different. We were toying with the idea of getting a companion for Rocket and went through the ABR adoption approval process "just in case". Within days of our approval, the State Coordinator called about a dog who had just come into Rescue, and did we want to come take a look? Of course one look was all it took, and the rest is history. Jack had been neglected, so it was surprising to learn that he shared bloodlines with Rocket. Why pay a lot of money for a dog if you aren't going to take care of it? Some things I'll never understand. Anyway, we love our sweet boys and are glad they found their way home to us.

Marge

Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Post by Muddy Creek Britts »

Welcome aboard, Marge. We're just over the MD/PA line in southeastern York county.
Regarding Rocket, the breeder we went to was actually in PA, just over the MD line.
That wouldn't be Art & Judy from Hybrittin Brittanys, would it :?:
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

Hi Brian,
Yes, that's exactly where Rocket came from. Art and Judy really seemed to have Rocket's best interests at heart and we were impressed by that. If you're familiar with their dogs, Rocket's sire was Hybrittin's Southside Jonnie, probably the last litter he fathered. We haven't kept in touch, but for a few years we were getting the American Brittany Magazine, and I'd see some of their dogs mentioned at field trials and competitions. Small world.

Marge

Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Post by Muddy Creek Britts »

Hi Brian,
Yes, that's exactly where Rocket came from. Art and Judy really seemed to have Rocket's best interests at heart and we were impressed by that. If you're familiar with their dogs, Rocket's sire was Hybrittin's Southside Jonnie, probably the last litter he fathered.
Yup, we got our female, Maggie, from Art & Judy. Southside Jonnie is her grandsire. Just saw Art this past weekend at the Susquehanna Brittany Club field trials. He was judging. Went over to see Judy at their place a few weeks ago to get some pointers and opinions about getting into the conformation ring.
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau