Jack's Talent

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Jack's Talent

Post by mkilcz »

Our dog Jack can open the sliding door all by himself when he wants to go out. He knows just where to push, using his paws, nose, and momentum from jumping up at the door. Unfortunately he doesn't close the door afterward, but it is a good trick. I especially love it when he does this in front of people who've never seen him do it before. Too funny. Any other talented brittanys out there? Oh yeah, I should add that the yard is fenced!

Marge

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Jack's Talent

Post by Cindy »

Our girls aren't that talented but cousin Abby (ABR) can also open the sliding glass door. She just uses her big nose and pushes it. Sometimes her nose squeaks while she rubs it across the door! It's absolutely hysterical. She hasn't learned to close it behind her either!

Oh, Kayla does have a couple of talents. She's an amazing Frisbee dog and leaps high into the air to catch it. She's also leaps off a dock, out of a boat, or any other high object as long as she's going to land in water. She's totally fearless (or dumb, we haven't decided which). And along those lines, both of the dogs will climb up on a raft and float around in the lake or ocean. And Jill has actually learned to "read" the waves at the ocean and knows when to turn and ride a big one in to shore. I know people who can't do that very well!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Tglaub
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by Tglaub »

Our Riley can open the sliding glass door as well. Emmitt can open a chain link fence gate with the flip handle. And our escape artist kitty Zeke will jump up and flip the door handle on the door. We have yet to change out to a door knobs so we are forced to lock our bedroom door at night to keep him out. Sometimes I think our animals are smarter than we are.

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Scout can open the kitchen drawers. I used to keep bread in one and milkbones/treats in the other. No longer, I was going broke buying bread and the dogs were getting fat. :evil: Oh yeah, and the drawer with the trash now has a baby lock on it.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Hayley's Mom
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by Hayley's Mom »

Yes ...Hayley has sliding open the screen door at the cottage down pat -- but she doesn't have the hang of the closing part. Big pain during black fly and mosquito season!

But her best trick is washing her own feet :) even though swimming is not her favourite activity. This time of year she gets covered in mud when we take her for long off-leash runs in the ravine near us. Just before we leave the ravine there's a section of creek that's clear and just deep enough to almost cover her back.

We say "go wash your feet" ... and down she goes, paddles around for about 30 seconds then runs back to us, with far less mud on her legs and belly! The other dog owners can't believe it.

She still needs a rinse at home, but it sure means less mud in the laundry tub and on us!

DelawareBritts
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by DelawareBritts »

My three are really good at getting over on me and have great talent with their pathatic "love me" looks...can't open any doors and don't want to teach them it!!! :roll: :lol: My last foster learned how to open the cabinet where I hide the cookie bag. Thank goodness, my three weren't watching... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I sleep with Brittanys...

headtrip_honey
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by headtrip_honey »

My dogs are good at sitting on the couch like people - backs straight against the couch back, sometimes their heads even loll back and they fall asleep on the couch like a human would! Too bizarre.
-Emily
Image Image Image Image
Hunter (RIP 09.16.04-02.28.09), Lizzy, Bree and Jack

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

headtrip_honey wrote:My dogs are good at sitting on the couch like people - backs straight against the couch back, sometimes their heads even loll back and they fall asleep on the couch like a human would! Too bizarre.
Gotta see a picture of that....
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown