2009 ABR Rocky Mtn Region Picnic

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: 2009 ABR Rocky Mtn Region Picnic

Post by kat »

WHAT???!!! Cindy - you don't think Shelli and I are fun??? lol, we understand, there's so much to do here. You should know, tho', we're not above guilting you into a visit, ha ha!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

HA HA HA!! Usually, when I go with John, he has to teach on a Tuesday so that's my free day. Anyway, I will definitely let you know - I'm feeling guilty and I'm not even going out there!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

adleblanc
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by adleblanc »

FYI they are calling for Thunderstorms around 4pm. Hopefully they pop up later on in the evening like tonight.

Andrea
Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes. ~Lewis Grizzard

adleblanc
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by adleblanc »

Check your pups feet. PJ had a ton of foxtails...I'm hoping I caught them before they worked into his skin.

Andrea
Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes. ~Lewis Grizzard

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: 2009 ABR Rocky Mtn Region Picnic - Photo Update

Post by janet909 »

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to put on the 1st Rocky Mountain ABR Picnic. While I had a long round trip drive, it was definitely worth it. The dogs had a lot of fun....even Moby who can sometimes be anti-social. You'd never have known it today :D I thought that Wesley, after running around in circles like a maniac would sleep the entire way home but he was only out for the first 1 1/2 hours of the drive. :( I couldn't believe it. Once we got home and he filled his belly with chow and salmon, he dropped like a rock. He doesn't look like he's going to move until tomorrow. Thanks again. It was wonderful !!! I also really enjoyed meeting all of you. Now I can put humans to the dogs :lol: I hope this works. These are the photos that took....obviously focused on the pooches.

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare ... =snapfish/

DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by DLDoiron »

Looks like everyone had a great time. I wish I could have gone. Hope to see lots of you at the national picnic.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana

Pete'smom
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by Pete'smom »

Thanks to everyone that organized the picnic! Pete and I had a wonderful time meeting everyone and their dogs. I hope everyone who came to the picnic from a distance has a safe trip home.

Wonderful slide show of the event! Thanks for the sharing! For those that weren't at the picnic my Pete is the guy in the red bandana in several of the shots.

We hope to see everyone again next year.

Judy and Pete
Pete'smom

adleblanc
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by adleblanc »

My husband asked what I did to PJ cuz he had to wake him up. I said it is called kids and non stop swimming. PJ had an awesome time. Again thank you to everyone who planned this event. It was great to finally meet everyone in person.

Andrea

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

What fun!!! I had such a great time, wonderful people to meet, great dogs, it was a terrific afternoon. So many Brittanies having so much fun, not even a single argument. Janet, love your pictures, I can't wait til Barb sees those close ups of Cassie, gorgeous! One thing that struck me while looking at the pics was how awesome it was to look at all those sweet dogs and realize that almost all of them were rescued. Sincere thanks to everyone who came and donated so generously to our efforts. On a more personal note, HUGE thanks to everyone who even more generously donated to help my sweet, but costly foster fella. And even more thanks for supporting our decision to continue treating him in the face of uncertain odds and mounting bills, he IS a great dog. One of the day's highlights for me was watching him have so much fun in that swimming pond. And Andrea, I don't know how PJ got foxtails, I didn't think he ever got out of the water!!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Well, I have to apologize for not being more human oriented. :oops: :lol: :oops: I am kicking myself for not taking photos of each person with their dogs so that everyone could make the connection. I hope that some of the others did. I know that Nancy's (Auntie Mom's) husband was taking lots of photos so we'll see what else pops up in cyberspace. My bad.

adleblanc
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by adleblanc »

Andrea, I don't know how PJ got foxtails, I didn't think he ever got out of the water!!
He got out a few times...guess he should had stayed in the water the entire time.

Andrea

Jacksbuddy
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Jacksbuddy »

looks like a great time to be had, I did pick out some of the faces. I think I saw Dave and Auntie Mom, but holding a BIG can of treats is really a great way to draw a crowd! LOL :D :D :D

Great pictures, waiting impatiently for more :D 8)

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
- Edward Hoagland

swillow66
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by swillow66 »

Janet, I thought your pictures were terrific!! I am so glad that you took so many too! It was so much fun to meet everyone, (both 4 and 2 legged!!) Next year we will put you in charge of grabbing everyone as they enter for pics!!! :wink: :D :D Andrea, I think we picked out the park's locations just so PJ could swim!! :lol:

I am still in awe that so many people travelled so far way for our inaugural event and how great everything went. All of our good karma held together as the rain clouds provided relief from the heat while not ruining our party! I have to tell you that my husband and daugther both commented how just how nice "Brittany people" are.

It is so much fun to put names and faces together and all the pups we love so much! There are some very special people that make ABR as great as it is: Dave (and his lovely wife Diane), Lisa, Barb and Nancy (and Harlan too) - I cannot tell you what a pleasure it was to meet you all in person. Your pups were just as wonderful as well!

Thanks again to everyone for coming, special thanks to our families for pitching in and helping make the event possible but the biggest thanks is to everyone who "thinks rescue" over the years and given homes to our special furry friends!! All I can say is WOW, what a great community we have!!

Shelli
PS - for all you race fans, Dave and I had a great time at the track too!! :wink: 8) 8)
Madison and Riley "Waiting for Spring!"

To the world you are just one person, but to one person you can mean the world

Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Dave »

I just got home about an hour ago :shock: . We haven't had this much fun forever . I really enjoyed meeting so many people and seeing their pups .

Shelli and Kat worked very hard doing this . I can't Thank them enough . We stayed at Shelli's and went on a tour of some scenic areas near Denver . Then we went to the Mopar NHRA Mile high national drag races Sunday . What a super weekend :P

I was proud of my Brittanys . Their behavior was pretty good and other than Molly being noisy plus bumming food :roll: . One dog wandering past Diane swiped a cookie off her plate while she was holding it and eating . It was funny :lol: :lol: . 8) Dave
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

I just saw a great album of the Rocky Mntn ABR picnic on the www.evite.com website. I don't know how to access it without a direct link but maybe somebody does. Will try to post my pics on there as well as soon as I get the program downloaded. Love the ones of the agility and Cassie sleeping on Barb's lap. :D