2009 ABR Rocky Mtn Region Picnic

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
gingersnap
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Re: 2009 ABR Rocky Mtn Region Picnic

Post by gingersnap »

My two pupsters, Ginger and Jackson had a fantastic time. They spent Sunday snoozing on the deck, they were so played out. Thanks to everyone for all the work in organizing this event. It was really fun to meet everyone. Can't wait for the next one. And Dave, I thoght Molly was a super sweetheart, she sat next to me and let me rub her ers for the longest time...but she also knew I had treats in my pocket :)

Catheryn

Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Dave »

gingersnap wrote:My two pupsters, Ginger and Jackson had a fantastic time. They spent Sunday snoozing on the deck, they were so played out. Thanks to everyone for all the work in organizing this event. It was really fun to meet everyone. Can't wait for the next one. And Dave, I thoght Molly was a super sweetheart, she sat next to me and let me rub her ers for the longest time...but she also knew I had treats in my pocket :)

Catheryn
That's my Molly Mcgee :lol: :P She was quite the hit . I kept sending her in swimming to retrieve tennis balls . Her and Levi also slept very well all night and then hung out with Shelli's daughter while we went to the drag races Sunday . She said Molly laid on her most of the day :lol: .
I'm like the Terminator "I'll also be back " I'm getting another van so that I can crate Levi . He paced and panted for 1500 miles :roll: :? Dave
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Ok, here is a link to a few more pics, more personal, more board folks and their dogs. Hope no one minds their pictures on here! Click this link: http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare ... =snapfish/

We had a blast, looking forward to next year!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

adleblanc
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by adleblanc »

Andrea, I think we picked out the park's locations just so PJ could swim!!
So you don't think he was bored lol. PJ was like a fish that day.

Great photos everyone!

Andrea
Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes. ~Lewis Grizzard

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

The picnic really was a lot of fun - thanks to Shelli and Kat for putting it all together!

Buster is STILL tired, and Britty and Madi won't leave my side (they're afraid I'll leave them behind again.)
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD

Pete'smom
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by Pete'smom »

Thanks for another great round of photo's Kat. I think Pete's favorite part of the picnic were the treats. :lol: He is the dog in the picture with his tongue sticking out. He certainlly knows what the word picnic stands for. I can tell he is already thinking about next years event.
Pete'smom

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Adding another HOORAH!!! The RMR picnic was just sooooo much fun :D Shellie and Kat did a fabulous job of pulling it all together....all the dogs had a blast, that pool was the highlight of the day for them for sure :D For me the highlight was finally getting to meet so many people from our message board :D 8) Plus all the foster folks and adopters that came.....a really terrific get together 8) THANKS KAT AND SHELLIE, you guys ROCK!!! :D

And BLESS ALL YOU PHOTOGRAPHERS :D :D Great photos of a really FUN FUN FUN day 8)

Cassie and I rolled into the home barn yesterday afternoon....tired (read pooped :wink: but happy :D :D Already looking forward to next year :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by DLDoiron »

Barb,
I have to ask if anyone wanted you to guard their food with all the dogs around? LOL.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana

etyson11
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Post by etyson11 »

Thank you all for such a wonderful event! Bridget Willow and I look forward to future events. I believe I mentioned something to Kat, but for all of the Denver area folks, I think more regular gatherings should be considered. I know Bridget really enjoyed playing with other Brittanys way more than those random, crazy dogs elsewhere. Haha. Of course, she spent half of her time avoiding her new boyfriend (Jackson) who would lay right beside of her every time she went down to rest.

It was great meeting everyone that works so hard for ABR and your dogs are incredibly sweet. Saturday reminded me on a larger scale why I'm so in love with this breed. From sweet Cassie and Nitro lounging around the tents to that beautiful Copper running about, everyone has such wonderful dogs and the dogs have such wonderful humans.
Bridget Willow

Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Dave »

DLDoiron wrote:Barb,
I have to ask if anyone wanted you to guard their food with all the dogs around? LOL.
I'll answer . Only when Molly was around :shock: :roll: , and that dog that stole a cookie off Diane plate . :lol: :lol: :P Dave
-Will Rogers

gingersnap
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by gingersnap »

Of course, she spent half of her time avoiding her new boyfriend (Jackson) who would lay right beside of her every time she went down to rest.

Geez, I didn't realize Jackson was being such a pest :oops: I know he was very busy introducing himself to everybody and everydoggy. We,ll work on appropriate flirting manners for the next picnic.

Catheryn

Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Post by Muddy Creek Britts »

I bet that was a blast. You have quite a crew out there in the mountain region. One of these years I'm gonna hafta get out there to see you fine folks. Or you all need to come east for ours. :wink:
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau

Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Dave »

gingersnap wrote:Of course, she spent half of her time avoiding her new boyfriend (Jackson) who would lay right beside of her every time she went down to rest.

Geez, I didn't realize Jackson was being such a pest :oops: I know he was very busy introducing himself to everybody and everydoggy. We,ll work on appropriate flirting manners for the next picnic.

Catheryn
Jackson is young and he'll calm down . Levi was going to grab him and hump him as he was coming by me running near the pond . I swatted Levi in the butt on the way by and let out a Thunderous "AHTT" :roll: :shock: . I got everyone's attention :lol: . I then offered to throw Levi in the pond to cool him off . :lol:

I'm really proud of Levi . He was on really good behavior . It was fun when everyone one I saw asked me "Where is Levi " ? I have posted so much about him everyone wanted to meet him instead of me . :lol: :P Dave
-Will Rogers

Jacksbuddy
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Jacksbuddy »

Looks like you guys had a great picnic, but do you think maybe you can schedule next years during bird hunting season :lol:
Then so Dave doesn't miss out on his drag racing fix the East picnic could be scheduled around the time the big dogs come to Maple Grove :D 8)
http://www.maplegroveraceway.com/about.asp

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
- Edward Hoagland

Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Dave »

Jacksbuddy wrote:Looks like you guys had a great picnic, but do you think maybe you can schedule next years during bird hunting season :lol:
Then so Dave doesn't miss out on his drag racing fix the East picnic could be scheduled around the time the big dogs come to Maple Grove :D 8)
http://www.maplegroveraceway.com/about.asp
This whole thing started because Shelli and I were talking about her daughter racing at Bandimere in Jr. Dragsters . She's the track champion and that little dragster is a serious machine :shock: . I'd like to go to Maple Grove :) .

I don't go to the national picnic because they have it right in the middle of the elk rut in bow season out here in Mt. I keep hinting they change it , but don't have enough pull :roll: :lol: . I like hanging out with my Rocky Mountain States friends .

Venture out during bird season , Tim . I'll take you out near Great Falls or Lewistown and grab up Shamus , Hammer along with Joe their owner . I'll go scare the Devil out those Pheasants :roll: . Dave
-Will Rogers