Hello to all

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Roan Bo
Puppy

Re: Hello to all

Post by Roan Bo »

wanted to add an updated photo, taken yesterday on my phone, while working in the yard. Shows off his beautiful coat.

I know this is a very common sentiment here, but we still can't believe this personable, well behaved dog was deemed to be a poor pet. After an entire weekend in the yard (the first such weekend we've had in Chicago this year), he was a great companion. Quiet, keenly interested in all happenings and endlessly affectionate.

Cheers!

Roan Bo

Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Canned Ice »

I feel like a lot of brits are short changed at shelters because they get so stressed out in those situations. Obviously you found a diamond in the rough. I love Bo's legs. Buckley has a good bit of ticking on his legs but not as much as Mr. Handsome Bo.
Buckley - I own this mountain.

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

Roan Bo wrote:we still can't believe this personable, well behaved dog was deemed to be a poor pet
We feel exactly the same way about our Jack. His former owner actually gave us instructions not to feed him high quality food because it would make him have "too much energy", which would be funny if it weren't so sad. Their loss was definitely our gain. Oh, and you can add me to the list of Bo's admirers. He's a beautiful dog!

Marge

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Roan Bo wrote:He is the most joyful mammal I have ever seen, and brings smiles to everyone he comes in contact with. His boundless affection erodes even the darkest bad day at work/commuter/rainy day mood. Despite a life FULL of loving dogs, I have never been so engaged by a canine
I just re-read your first entry and it made me smile. My husband and I have almost gotten teary talking about our beloved Moby getting older (and he's only 7 1/2). We'll be a mess when he really ages. Now, we have a 1 1/2 year old who's a puppy in every sense of the word and who makes us laugh every day. The goofy things he does.....I think we forgot what puppyhood is like. Our best friend's don't have any pets and we always wonder how they can stand the solitude.....they probably wonder, with our three dogs, how we can handle the chaos. To us, it's love energy and it's awesome !!!

headtrip_honey
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by headtrip_honey »

janet909 wrote:Our best friend's don't have any pets and we always wonder how they can stand the solitude.....they probably wonder, with our three dogs, how we can handle the chaos. To us, it's love energy and it's awesome !!!
I know exactly how you feel! My family and I were discussing our Hunter passing with my aunt, and she said that while it was hard when her pets died, it was liberating because you were free to do whatever you wanted whenever you wanted. I mean, for one thing, it felt a little insensitive - "Yeah, it's sad, but it's so great when they're finally gone!" (I know that's not what she really said, but to people whose hearts are still bleeding from a recent loss, that's how it felt)

I just thought - I would never want to be without a pet, regardless of the "hassle." Our family's lives would be so less joyful! We have two dogs and two cats and each one makes us smile every day for different reasons! Bree with her sweetness, Lizzy with her chaotic melodrama, Marlowe with his catdoggishness (he's a cat that thinks he's a dog...and the dogs think he's a dog, too), and Honey (other cat, obviously) with her dainty dignity.
-Emily
Image Image Image Image
Hunter (RIP 09.16.04-02.28.09), Lizzy, Bree and Jack