Trapper says turnips ....

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Trapper says turnips ....

Post by AuntieMom »

... are worthy to be begged for. He will even do tricks for them.

I like them too and eat them raw. Kallie and Scout will not even sniff them much less bother to do tricks for them ...
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Trapper says turnips ....

Post by adele »

That's very lucky. Wish I could get mine interested in some sort of fruit or veggie as a treat. I add mashed fruit and veggies to her breakfast but if I haven't smashed it enough, if there is one tiny bit of visible fiber in the meal -- it gets left behind in the bowl. What really kills me is that if she sees me eating vegetable matter she begs for some. If I give her a little she refuses to eat it, drops it on the ground and begs for more. :roll:

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

Yuck...turnips! But the girls and I do share baby carrots, so we're not totally against healthy eating! :lol:

Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Canned Ice »

Buckley hasn't had turnips but based on his track record, he'd love them. The only food items he doesn't like so far are arugula and orange juice (he'll eat oranges though!). I think some dog are just such chow hounds they like everything you give them. Ms. Lola just has a refined doggie palate.
Buckley - I own this mountain.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

I'm not sure about the turnips either - not my favorite! But my old dog Annie just loved eggplant! Go figure!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

We aren't big turnip fans at my house, but both Rocket and Jack will beg for uncooked pasta, any kind. If I give them a few uncooked spaghetti noodles, you'd think it was prime rib!

Marge

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

For my dogs, it's soybeans....endame. Go figure. They drool over it and love it mixed with their chow. :o

headtrip_honey
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by headtrip_honey »

Our girls will eat anything edible.

I'm trying to think if there's something they've refused......................

Nope.

They don't usually beg though, which is good. Lizzy, however, will sit and stare at us. She has the most expressive dark amber eyes, and when she wants something, her pupils dilate so that her eyes are almost entirely black! It's kind of creepy when she starts staring at you like this....but it's like she gets food fixation.
-Emily
Image Image Image Image
Hunter (RIP 09.16.04-02.28.09), Lizzy, Bree and Jack