No Peace in the Shower

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!

Do you shower alone?

Poll ended at Wed May 13, 2009 7:17 am

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 21

DelawareBritts
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

No Peace in the Shower

Post by DelawareBritts »

I will never get any peace when taking a shower :roll: ...Cooper likes to drop his ball between the tub and shower curtain, whining until you toss it out. Louie wants to move the shower curtain so water can drip on the floor and he can lick it up (?) and now my new foster, Aaron, will actually get in the tub :o with me . He tries to bite the water :roll: :lol: . Foster before Aaron was a 6 month old, Penny, who I warned that if she got in the tub, she would get a bath...guess who got a bath :lol: :lol: :lol: . If I close the bathroom door, I may get peace in the shower, however, they are on the other side of the door making a ruckus wanting in. Do they ever learn that there is NO emergency exit in the bathroom :roll: Typically, my three will NOT get in the tub because it may mean they get a bath (which they desparately need).
I sleep with Brittanys...

StFrost
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: No Peace in the Shower

Post by StFrost »

If i leave the door open a crack, Sammie comes in and licks the shower curtain. Eventually she will lay down on the bath mat and sleep though.

If I completely close the door, she nudges it a dozen times or so, before finally curling into a ball outside of it.

If my wife is in the shower, she sits outside the door, staring at it, as though by doing so it will open and Alison will come out.

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

:lol: No privacy in the bathroom (or any other room for that matter) period :P It's that or contending with Miss PoutySulky :roll: :lol:
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

When Rocket was a pup, he would push the curtain open with his nose so that he could see me. When I closed it, he'd just open it again. Eventually, he realized that I wasn't going to disappear or anything when behind the shower curtain! Jack apparently had never seen such a thing as a shower before. He would paw the curtain and try to jump in with me. He really didn't understand what it was all about, but once he'd had a bath or two himself, the shower lost it's fascination for him. Now he is content to lay on the bathroom floor and wait, but I have to leave the door open that separates the shower/tub/toilet from the rest of the bathroom. Of course if he hears something that sounds food-related going on somewhere else in the house all bets are off.

Marge

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

Lola isn't allowed in the bathroom. When I go in she guards the door for me. While it sounds like you guys are having fun, in the long run I think I'm happier to just have the few minutes to myself. The rest of the day she is at my side so ... .

Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Canned Ice »

Buckley loves to hang out in the bathroom. I usually have to kick him off of the bath mat when I get out and wake him up once I leave. If he's nervous about something, he tends to go to the bathroom to hide.
Buckley - I own this mountain.

Annabelle
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Annabelle »

When our guy was about 6 months he would come in and lick the curtain... which escalated into nosing the curtain open so he could try and drink from the shower. While I thought it was hilarious, if I was washing my hair and didn't notice him, there would be a huge water puddle on the bathroom floor.

He quickly stopped when we started to flick him in the nose/tongue while he was licking the curtain but sometimes I wish he would still come and say hi.

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

Daisy biffs the door open. Sometimes she'll try and open the shower curtain and other times she'll lay on the bathmat.
Then on her "wild" days she sees shower time as a time when she can explore the house and be naughty because she knows I'm occupied.

Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

Jessica
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by Jessica »

Eli has to nose the curtain open to see what's going on and make sure we're still there. But once you ask him if he wants a bath ( :shock: oh no the "b" word!) he runs for the door :!: and lays down right outside the door on the bedroom carpet so we can't get out of the bathroom w/o him knowing about it. He likes to keep us within his sight range...he really has a hard time if one of us is upstairs and one is down :wink:
Image Image
Eli: rescued 12/20/07........Lily: rescued 05/16/09

"If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
~Roger Caras

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Our master bath shower has a door, fortunately. Trapper waits on the bathmat. Kallie and Scout are too busy getting their fur on the bedspread to be bothered.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Tglaub
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by Tglaub »

Our puppy almost 11 months old now, Opens the curtain and watches when we are showering. He licks the tub and then when we get out to dry he licks our legs. He loves water and actually likes to take a bath.