Brittanys - the Gardener's Helper

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Brittanys - the Gardener's Helper

Post by AuntieMom »

We had six bags of potting soil on the patio and one of my posse of HelperDogs decided to open half of them. :evil: Thankfully, the soil stayed in the bag because whoever did it must have quit chewing when dirt got in his/her precious little mouth. And have you ever tried weeding with three Brittanys? I really do not need that many supervisors.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Brittanys - the Gardener's Helper

Post by janet909 »

Apparently, I do :x I've been potting and planting vegies all week and Welsey has decided that besides helping dig and re-plant what I've planted, he needs to graze everything down to a stub.....it must look better to him that way :evil: He's killing me this week. It's a good thing that he's so darn cute.....I just can't get mad at him :roll: His pink snoot is too cute caked with compost.

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

:lol: Guess I'm one of the lucky ones....Cassie finds "gardening" totally boring :lol: :P She may deign to give a couple sniffs to the potting soil bags, but after that it's just lay down and snooze while Mom does all this nutsy stuff with plants :roll: Yep, I'm counting my blessings :lol: :P
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

Helen E.
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Helen E. »

My three will come see what I'm doing then its back to squirrel and lizard patrol. I can only plant trees and bushes in the ground. Any flowers and vegetables have to be in large pots, and then guarded to keep them from eating the potting soil. No weeds are pulled in our backyard. Anything green that can withstand the Britts running on it is welcome! :P

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

Rocket and Jack have no interest in gardening, but this does bring back memories of our first dog, Rebel. Years ago, when Rebel was a young pup, my husband decided to spruce things up a bit by planting bulbs along the fence line in the back yard. Steve went at it... working away, totally focused on his task , and not really paying attention to what Reb was up to. When he came to the end of the line and looked back over his work, there sat little Rebel, with muddy paws, a waggy tail, and a big smile on her face. Of course she had dug up every single one of the bulbs and was very proud of herself. Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Marge

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Copper would like to offer his services if anyone needs help with their gardening. Auntiemom assures me he's an excellent landscaper:

Either that, or he's been looking at Bernie & Buckley's pictures!!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

DelawareBritts
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by DelawareBritts »

My three have no interest in gardening but Rosie will drive you crazy dropping the ball where you are planting/weedin and bark until you throw it... :twisted:
I sleep with Brittanys...

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

Lola loves to help. If I'm digging she's digging. I really enjoy her help... except when the soil is flying in my direction.

Catharina
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Catharina »

Kibo and I have divided up the territory: I get to dig for carrots and radishes in the raised beds, he gets to dig for chipmunks in the woods. In each case, the other one of us is expected to look on politely, while mildly pretending to share the excitement.

The only time I have to be careful is when I apply fertilizer -- since it's organic (i.e. bloodmeal or bonemeal), it has to be under lock and key until it is thoroughly mixed into the soil.

Kibo, a.k.a. "The Flying Nose"