Little Scout has journeyed on to the bridge ... and photos

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Little Scout has journeyed on to the bridge ... and photos

Post by AuntieMom »

Little Scout's mom and dad have been keeping us informed about his health. He was been in complete kidney failure and went to the rainbow bridge today. He had a hard life prior to coming into rescue but is another senior who came into ABR and brought joy to all who knew him. He had a sweet, sunny disposition and enjoyed his new life. We all have many happy memories of him. He loved our baby pool and would lounge in it like he was a king of the world. He loved his crate so much that we gave it to the adopters when he went home with them -- but they had something even better for him which he loved even more - a cushy cushy cushy bed.

We fostered him a long time so he is deep in his hearts. I want to say thank you to the volunteer from Nebraska who initially rescued him. She and her family visited him reguarly and walked him while he was in boarding due to lack of foster space. I also want to thank his mom and dad in Arizona, who have two other dogs including an ABR girl they adopted from us in 2006. They did not worry about how many days Scout had left when they adopted him, they just opened up their hearts and loved him. We are all crying today but as Scout's mom said "it is because we love him so." We called him "old Scout" or "little Scout" when he lived with us because we have a Scout too. His new mom and dad called him "Scout-Scout." I will miss his dad calling me with a Scout-Scout story, typically involving him swimming in their pool.

Here is the *tissue alert* photo show in memory of Scout ... http://www.photoshow.com/watch/ss3iJ9eG Good journey, Scout.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Jacksbuddy
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Little Scout has journeyed on to the bridge ... and photos

Post by Jacksbuddy »

:cry: Run free Little Scout.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
- Edward Hoagland

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Your tribute to "Scout Scout" was absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing. You have the tears streaming. I'm sorry for everyone's loss. :cry:

Dogmom
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by Dogmom »

Little Scout managed to cram a lifetime's worth of happiness into the time he had as a foster & then at his forever home. Just seeing him snuggled in his bed tells me this. Thanks to you, your husband, and his loving adoptive family :D

Dogmom

Rachelle
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Rachelle »

I'm so sorry for your and Little Scout's forever family's loss. :cry: He was so cute. I loved your photoshow. Scout had a beautiful brittany smile
Henry

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

My heart was heavy as I was reading about Little Scout Scout.....and then the wonderful photo show let us see a happy and well loved dog, at least his last year or so had been filled with caring people and he knew peace long before his eternal peace.

RIP Little Scout Scout....your memory will live on in many hearts.
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

I am so sorry to read your sad news. I know how painful it can be to lose a beloved animal... sometimes it just doesn't seem fair. The photoshow was a very touching remembrance, and brought me to tears. God bless.

Marge

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Been thinking of all of you all day, even when you know it's coming, and you know it's right, it's still so hard. He was a lucky dog in the end, and I hope you are taking comfort in that. Such a sweet boy.... And thanks for the pics, that's such a nice photo show.
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

So sorry to hear about Little Scout but he sure lived a good life in the end. Even though we've lost so many over the years, just the thought of them all together now, feeling happy and healthy, brings a smile to my face.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

DelawareBritts
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by DelawareBritts »

Puppy prayers your way from Delaware :( .
I sleep with Brittanys...

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

I'm crying right now. My condolences to you, Nancy, and to his adoptive family.

I remember feeling angry and sad when I first learned how Scout's early years were so hard, and lacking in the love he (and all dogs) so dearly deserved. But my heart was warmed on hearing about his life-embracing, cheerful spirit and the wonderful care and love he got from Nancy and Harlan and later from his adoptive family, and that's the image that will last for me.

Rescue works because of the love, compassion and dedication of the volunteers and adopters. God bless you all --you're helping make the world a better place.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

swillow66
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by swillow66 »

It was a pleasure and an honor to meet Little Scout. I know that in the short amount of time he spent with his forever family was filled with love and joy.
While it is so sad to lose him, his story and knowing that his adopting parents loved him so much during his last Golden moments is inspiring and heartworming!! Thoughts and prayers to all and thank for the special photoshow and tribute! Shelli
Madison and Riley "Waiting for Spring!"

To the world you are just one person, but to one person you can mean the world

Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Dave »

Rest in Peace , old Scout Scout . Dave
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

That was beautiful. So sorry to see him go. My thoughts are with you and his new family.