We are so sad!

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
danibier
Puppy

Re: We are so sad!

Post by danibier »

Thank you all so much. It has been a very hard day for me and my older children. We made he a stone paver with her name and dog tag. We are going to put it by the tree that she sat so patiently at waiting for the squirrel that never came. We will never replace her. We can only hope to find another that makes us hurt just a little less. If I could tell you how perfect she was you all would not believe me but she was awsome. She fit so well with the family sometimes you did not notice that she was a dog. I am so sad that her life with us was so short. Thanks again for making me feel better. I have cried so much today that there are no more tears left.

Dave
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Dave »

For you and your children :

HEAVEN'S DOGGY-DOOR
My best friend closed his eyes last night,
As his head was in my hand.
The Doctors said he was in pain,
And it was hard for him to stand.

The thoughts that scurried through my head,
As I cradled him in my arms.
Were of his younger, puppy years,
And OH...his many charms.

Today, there was no gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you gaze",
Only a heart thats filled with tears
Remembering our joy filled days.

But an Angel just appeared to me,
And he said, "You should cry no more,
GOD also loves our canine friends,
HE's installed a 'doggy-door"!

jan cooper '95
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

So sorry to hear about Freckles. I know your pain. It will get better, and adopting another Britt will definitely help alleviate the grief
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

danibier wrote:If I could tell you how perfect she was you all would not believe me
Actually, there are many of us who absolutely, positively believe you and understand !! You're not alone. No, you can't replace her but when it's time, you can give your love to another. I'm sure you're exhausted from a day of grief. Just try to keep focused on the funny, cute things she did that brought smiles to you all. It sounds like she had a wonderful family and she was lucky for it. Bad things just happen some times :(

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

I can only repeat was has already been said, I am so sorry for your loss, what a great one it is. Don't beat yourself up, you gave her a great life, accidents happen. I so understand your feelings of guilt, but don't do that. You loved her enough to do the right thing, it's not usually the easiest, but the lucky dogs have people who will love them enough to do whatever is the best just for them. Let yourself grieve, in time you will hurt less and less. Stay in touch with us here, we care.
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

How heartbreaking for your family. I am sorry for your loss! Making the memorial with your children is such a constructive way to help them mourn.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Helen E.
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Helen E. »

I am so sorry for your tragic loss. :cry: I know it's hard to believe right now, but time does ease the grief. She sounds like she was a very special girl.

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

I'll add my voice to the many others who have responded and express my sadness for your loss. It sounds like Freckles was a wonderful dog. Eventually the pain will ease. Take your time in deciding what the next step is. Some people need time to mourn the loss of a beloved pet, while others feel a strong need to fill in the empty space left behind quickly. There is no right or wrong way. When we lost our elderly britt several years ago, I found comfort in welcoming a new dog into our family right away. Having a new dog in the house provided a distraction from my pain and offered something positive for the kids to focus on. Do whatever feels right for you and your family. You won't ever find a replacement for Freckles, but you will find something brand new that is certain to bring you a lot of joy and happiness.

Marge

Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Canned Ice »

I'm so sorry to hear about Freckles. Sometimes there are no right words to say. Hugs from Blacksburg.
Buckley - I own this mountain.