DAVE, OH DAVE (MAJOR tissue alert)

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

DAVE, OH DAVE (MAJOR tissue alert)

Post by kat »

Many of us received an email early this morning from Dave's wife, Diane. Dave had a heart attack while hunting and did not survive. We have lost a true friend, and Brittanies have lost a real hero and savior. Our world is less bright today, but oh I can only imagine the celebration he met as he passed by the Bridge. God bless.....
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

Max and Matties Mom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: DAVE, OH DAVE (MAJOR tissue alert)

Post by Max and Matties Mom »

What a sad day for all of us and all our dogs. We have lost a wonderful and kind man.Our condolances to Diane and her family. Our thoughts are with you :(
Anna
Max,Dorie,Mattie & Shorty

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

This is too sad. Dave was a terrific man who did so much good. He will be missed.

headtrip_honey
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by headtrip_honey »

...that doesn't even seem possible.

So sad. :cry:
-Emily
Image Image Image Image
Hunter (RIP 09.16.04-02.28.09), Lizzy, Bree and Jack

Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Post by Muddy Creek Britts »

Oh no! I don't even know what to say. Dave was the biggest hero there was to all our dogs. And he was and is the greatest role model any of us could ever have. The bar has been set so high, that we can only hope and try to approach his dedication and absolute giving heart. He has touched so many people and dogs that the world has a giant void today. He wasn't just a good man, but the best man. Please fill us with your spirit today, buddy. We will forever miss you. But most importantly, we will never forget you!
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau

britlover
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by britlover »

I will miss all the wonderful stories and wealth of information he shared on this forum. I don't believe there was anything he would not do to save a brittany. Prayers to his family and friends, and to the sweet puppers he leaves behind.
Piper, and Bryce

Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Alifaire »

To Diane and family, I am so sorry for your loss.

To all of ABR, I share our collective sadness. On any issue, I always looked forward to Dave's response. He was a role model and a true champion for dogs.

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Oh my God ! I'm so shocked and sorry. I'm so glad that I got the chance to meet him at the Rocky Mountain ABR picnic. Diane, I'm so very saddened for you. I was always inspired by the great lengths that he would go to help the dogs. The void will be huge. I'm crying for the world has lost a wonderful man.

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

My condolences to Diane. We have all lost a hero and my heart is broken for us all.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Karen_P
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Karen_P »

I couldn't agree with Brian more. Dave was a hero and champion to the dogs in ABR, and so many other rescue groups. He was a constant source of support to all of us, and selfless in his dedication and love of the dogs. We have lost one of the great ones! My condolences to Diane and the rest of his family. I'm guessing he had quite the cheering squad waiting for him across the Rainbow Bridge.
Home of DC Britt Haven's Blaze of Glory
http://www.woodlandbrittanys.com

Annie'sRebecca
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Annie'sRebecca »

I'll always remember a kind email I got from Dave, encouraging me when a rescue didn't go as planned. He was a great man, and a great champion for dogs.
His family is in my prayers.
Annie & Rowdy

Rachelle
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Rachelle »

I can't believe Dave is gone. My heart goes out to his wife and family. Dave was such a kind person. I will be forever grateful for his support. His kindness and advice helped me get through a very difficult time with our Henry. Dave was such a special, special person. Thank you Dave for everything you did for so many people.
Henry

StaceyM
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by StaceyM »

I am just speechless, I can't believe Dave is really gone. This is so unexpected and I pray that his wife, family, and dogs will be ok. Dave was a wonderful person and he will be greatly missed. Even though I never met him, I felt like I knew him through this message board. :cry:
*Molly*

Liz H
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Liz H »

I'm in tears. Can't say anymore.
Liz,Max CD,RN APDT RL1 CL, RL2, CGC;Tyler CD, CGC; and at the Rainbow Bridge - Connie RCP (Retired Couch Potato)

swillow66
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by swillow66 »

I sat at work with silent tears streaming down my face when I received Diane's email. I am just trying to wait to go home and hug my three Britts and so I can have a heart-wrenching sob. I am trying to console myself with the fact my entire family was able to spend the weekend with both Dave and Diane this summer during the picnic while they stayed at our house. They were able to see why Dave was such a wonderful mentor and friend to me.

I can say no more, my heart is just too broken . . . :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Shelli
Madison and Riley "Waiting for Spring!"

To the world you are just one person, but to one person you can mean the world