One of those weeks

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

One of those weeks

Post by Cindy »

I don't know how the rest of you are feeling, but this has to be one of the WORST weeks on this board. Between Dave and Nitro and now Leena, I just want to shut my computer down for a while and go away. So much sadness and no way to make anyone feel better or change the outcome. I'm really glad we're headed to Hatteras on Thursday for an entire week of swimming and fishing and just hanging out with the dogs.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: One of those weeks

Post by MaggieRocks »

I agree...it HAS been a rough week. But I hope all this sadness helps make everyone realize how short and precious life can be. I know I've been giving my girls extra hugs all week. Let's hope this is the end of the bad luck and things start looking up.

headtrip_honey
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by headtrip_honey »

Totally agreed.

Since Dave passed, I don't think I've opened up this board without crying. First a few days of tears for Dave, then Nitro, and now Leena.
-Emily
Image Image Image Image
Hunter (RIP 09.16.04-02.28.09), Lizzy, Bree and Jack

Liz H
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Liz H »

Same here.
Liz,Max CD,RN APDT RL1 CL, RL2, CGC;Tyler CD, CGC; and at the Rainbow Bridge - Connie RCP (Retired Couch Potato)

Jotaff
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by Jotaff »

headtrip_honey wrote:Totally agreed.

Since Dave passed, I don't think I've opened up this board without crying. First a few days of tears for Dave, then Nitro, and now Leena.
That's how I feel, too!

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mark »

It definitely has been a tough, tough week. :cry: Right now I keep praying that bad things truly do come in 3's.. that we are at the bottom of the valley, and about to start up the hill, into the nice, warm sun.
Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Monty.
He's so hot right now.
Monty.

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Sometimes we have to sit with our pain and work through our grief. This is one of those times. We have suffered the loss of a dear friend in Dave and the precious pooches, Nitro and Leena.

I enjoy the friendship that is shared with all of you who love Brittanys as I do. The joy that Dave brought, that Nitro brought, that Leena brought, is not diminished because they are not here with us now. Yet the sorrow is sitting with me now as I grieve their losses . I would like to say there will be no more pain tomorrow or the next day but there will be. But there will be joy too if we can just see through our tears and reach out to it. And so for me, I will continue to risk my heart for friends – human and furry - that may not be here tomorrow.

I will be lighting three candles tonight to remember and honor Dave, Nitro and Leena.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

Auntiemom's words are beautiful and so very true. I feel the same. Thanks for saying it so eloquently.

Marge

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Thanks Auntiemom. I, too, will light three candles tonight. One for Dave, one for Nitro and one for Leena. I've cried more this week than I have in a long time. I've also hugged my family a lot....humanoid and furry. To the families of the three, my heart really goes out to you.

headtrip_honey
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by headtrip_honey »

Ditto for lighting 3 candles.

What a great idea.

Little candles burning everywhere for those we have lost.
-Emily
Image Image Image Image

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

I just lit my 3 candles and now I'm crying all over again. :cry: :cry:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

Jotaff wrote:
headtrip_honey wrote:Totally agreed.

That's how I feel, too!
Me too...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

Jotaff
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by Jotaff »

I also will light three candles tonight. Jan

headtrip_honey
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by headtrip_honey »

Mine are lit.

Red votive for dave, ocher for Nitro, and purple for Leena.

:cry:
-Emily
Image Image Image Image

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Wow, I hope Elizabeth is as comforted as I am by your words and actions. Today was a good day for this -I got a little clay footprint of Nitro's from the vet this afternoon. At least I was able to give Nitro a little extra loving as he left, how difficult not to get to say goodbye, Leena left to quickly. I don't know if Diane has been able to read this board yet, but I know she will find comfort here as well. You are terrific people I am honored to be associated with.
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?