Puppy Update!

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
headtrip_honey
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Puppy Update!

Post by headtrip_honey »

This is just a test. I am having a hard time posting something...have tried about 10 times now.

Edit: Okay, every time I try to copy/paste this in, it doesn't work. I'm going to try to manually type it in.

EDIT AGAIN: which I tried, and it didn't work.

EDIT: ONE LAST TRY. DIFFERENT COMPUTER.

As a little background, this pup went to a young couple who had had dogs before, but never a puppy. And to compound the issue, they decided to get an English Setter puppy at the same time as they got a little girl from us! We didn't know about this until they picked her up.

Well, they had the typical puppy problems...but didn't realize that they were typical! We exchanged several emails giving them advice and encouragement. They were amazed, for example, that a puppy who had slept quietly for 8 hours in a crate, would cry for her humans in the morning when they let her out and went back to bed. :) :) :) They thought that since she had Chief, she'd be fine. We told them they were lucky she was sleeping so well! (Up until they took her, she had been sleeping from about 10 pm to 2:30 am, then potty break, then about 3 am to 6 am, then naps throughout the day) They also didn't realize that a 10 week old puppy would get scared of noises (ex, roofers pounding away on a roof) she'd never heard before. :) :)

Luckily, all seems to have turned out great!

Hi there,

I just wanted to send you a couple of pictures of our baby girl, Jolene and her brother, Chief. Jolene is really smart! So smart that she figured out a glitch in our wireless fence and was our little escape artist. We have since fixed the problem and she is now safe from escapes.

We now have a dog door that Jolene taught Chief how to use so that they can come in and out of the house as often as they want. If we lock the door Jolene "talks" to us to let us know that she wants out. She really is a big "talker" and is so expressive. She has many different noises and facial expressions that she makes to communicate with us.

Jolene loves everybody, person or animal, and always wants to make friends. She gets to visit other dogs and she plays wonderfully with them. Chief and her are partners in crime and it is rare that you see them apart. We love Jolene and we are thankful that we have her as a part of our family. She really is a fantastic dog and we couldn't ask for a more perfect dog!

Thanks for letting us have her! Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Last edited by headtrip_honey on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-Emily
Image Image Image Image
Hunter (RIP 09.16.04-02.28.09), Lizzy, Bree and Jack

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Puppy Update!

Post by AuntieMom »

Jolene and Chief look happy and content. She is adorable (well they both are) and I love her name.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Kerplunk105
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by Kerplunk105 »

Very cute!
Elizabeth
Leena, Brittany/GSP mix 11/11/08-9/17/09
Bliss, Labrador 1/18/00-12/30/13
Tegan, Weim/Labrador mix

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Now there's a pair to draw to :D :D :wink: Too darn cute by far 8) 8) The photo with the cat put their sizes in perspective.....sounds like all are off to a happy life 8)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Adorable pics !!! I LOVE the brown coloring that curls up from her mouth. Kind of looks like a chocolate smile. Thanks for sharing. :D :D

headtrip_honey
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by headtrip_honey »

Barb Wright wrote:Now there's a pair to draw to :D :D :wink: Too darn cute by far 8) 8) The photo with the cat put their sizes in perspective.....sounds like all are off to a happy life 8)
Well I believe the cat picture is an older picture. She will be TWO in April! (I can't believe it's been so long)

I think the first pic is the most recent.
-Emily
Image Image Image Image

headtrip_honey
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by headtrip_honey »

janet909 wrote:Adorable pics !!! I LOVE the brown coloring that curls up from her mouth. Kind of looks like a chocolate smile. Thanks for sharing. :D :D
Yeah, it's funny, neither Liz nor Hunter had any marks on their muzzles, but so many of their puppies do!

Bree, for example, has a large splotch on one side. My boyfriend nicknamed her "Funny Face". :roll:

What I find really interesting is how the white stripe above their muzzles are clearly genetic. She got Lizzy's stripe. Most of the pups got that stripe, with the very distinctive heart shaped top. Only a few got Hunter's narrow stripe.
-Emily
Image Image Image Image

adleblanc
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by adleblanc »

AWWW they are sooooo cute.

Andrea
Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes. ~Lewis Grizzard

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

Wow-they are BOTH beautiful dogs! (And the cat is cute, too! :lol: )

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

What a bunch of cuties -one happy furry family!
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

Helen E.
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Helen E. »

They are both gorgeous and I bet they've had lots of fun growing up together! Kudos to their owners for sticking it out. :)