Perfect dog trained !

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Bill C.
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Perfect dog trained !

Post by Bill C. »

Enjoy every sandwich
Warren Zevon

Bill and the dogges

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Perfect dog trained !

Post by janet909 »

I felt sorry for that poor old dog. :| I think he'd rather be on the couch. That being said, I definitely have had thousands of training moments when I get that same blank stare. If they don't want to do it.....they won't do it. :?

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Poor dog - that's a really bad hair day!! :lol:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

holisticmom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by holisticmom »

Poor pooch.
Back when Johnny Carson was still live (the show :wink: ), they did an ad for Alpo. The dog came out on stage, sniffed the food, and shall we say, gave a scathing critique. :lol:
The point of [dog guardianship] is to open oneself to becoming partly a dog...Edward Hoagland

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Well, gotta say, the dog had his cues down pretty well....that sloooooow sit was pretty good, holding position when the guy put him in certain stances, and the totally relaxed posture when the guy was holding him on the table, all were pretty funny. A perfect foil for the comic, no doubt. Guess one part of me wanted to see the dog running around the stage barking and wagging his tail when the act was over.....but from the look on his face throughout it all it was pretty clear he knew the drill but wasn't having much fun :cry:
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

holisticmom wrote:Poor pooch.
Back when Johnny Carson was still live (the show :wink: ), they did an ad for Alpo. The dog came out on stage, sniffed the food, and shall we say, gave a scathing critique. :lol:
That made me want to search for it. You're right, it's funny! Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvKA75OPVGA
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Fantastically funny and brilliantly played by both comic and dog!! You have to have a really well trained dog to look that untrained.

Everyone knows - kids and animals will upstage you everytime. :P It appeared to me the comic gave the dog a non-verbal command to leave and the dog is going off stage purposefully.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Bill C.
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Post by Bill C. »

That act also was on...I'm almost positive...the Ed Sullivan show, perhaps more than once, but for a longer set . After a similar series of attempts to command, and "I think he's getting it!" responses, at the end of the act with a cue from the man, the dog went through a half-dozen difficult tricks without a hiccup.

The dog was brilliantly trained, and obviously delighted to perform.

:D
Enjoy every sandwich
Warren Zevon

Bill and the dogges