Rosie in a Winter Wonderland!

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Mike S.
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Rosie in a Winter Wonderland!

Post by Mike S. »

We went up on Mt. Graham this afternoon to play in the snow (9000 ft) with Rosie and she had a blast. She was all over the place and needless to say she is out cold as we speak. She loved it!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Josh (rescued Oct 07), Rosie (rescued Nov 03), and Haley (rescued Oct 07)

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Rosie in a Winter Wonderland!

Post by Cindy »

What fun!! Our dogs love the snow IF it's not too deep. They were predicting a BIG storm in VA today but it looks like it's moved just far enough out to sea that we're only getting a few inches. Just perfect for the dogs to be able to run around in.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Mike S.
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Mike S. »

Yep we had a real blast and are going back tomorrow - not sure if we'll take Rosie this time.

Rosie would make a good sled dog also because she was on her flex lead and as I reached some ice spots id stop and shed pull me... LOL.

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

:lol: :lol: Most Britts have that "let's get moving" philosophy :P :P If I was a few years younger I would love to get up a sled team of Britts 8) Only thing is........I'm mucho afraid of the NOSE :roll: I can just see flying down the trail and having 7-10 Britts smell a Ptarmigan/grouse/quail/you name it, and go off trail on a hunt :lol: :lol:

Put on your ice spikes and take Rosie.....surely there will be a great "wilderness trek" story to relate :lol:
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Great Pic, looks like fun. I also like the posed pic, Haley has one hand on Josh and one on Rosie - a true big sis! Did you ever have snow in New Orleans? Was this Rosie's first snow?
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

Mike S.
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Mike S. »

LOL at the sled rnning out of control - Rosie would definitely have me in a ditch or a tree. Wilderness trek story or emergency room story... :D Funny as there were deer tracks around and she undoubtedly had that scent getting her going.

As far as Haley - she is an unbelievable sis at 7 yrs old. shes very affectionate and just today she asked if she could leave the room because the pets on the rescue commercial that are abused makes her cry and josh - well.. both kids are god sends and so special.

Yes it snowed just a bit to cover the ground twice that I can remember - the december before Katrina 2004 and the December before we left N.O. - 2008. Nothing like this though.

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Sounds like you had a fun day. Rosie looks as lovely as ever and very proud of her kids. But yeah ... beware of Brittanys pulling a sled. :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

Barb Wright wrote::lol: :lol: Most Britts have that "let's get moving" philosophy :P :P If I was a few years younger I would love to get up a sled team of Britts 8) Only thing is........I'm mucho afraid of the NOSE :roll: I can just see flying down the trail and having 7-10 Britts smell a Ptarmigan/grouse/quail/you name it, and go off trail on a hunt :lol: :lol:

Actually, I used to do that as a kid with our Brittany, only with a skateboard. Flying at warp speed behind an ecstatic Britt, with only four wheels and some plywood to support me, was an adventure. I learned very quickly to aim for lawns rather than sidewalk when she sent me flying out of control.

Man, that was fun.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Sooz wrote: Actually, I used to do that as a kid with our Brittany, only with a skateboard. Flying at warp speed behind an ecstatic Britt, with only four wheels and some plywood to support me, was an adventure. I learned very quickly to aim for lawns rather than sidewalk when she sent me flying out of control. Man, that was fun.
Oh boy can I relate :wink: What got me into using a sled was skijoring.....two dogs pulling me on skiis was just toooooo dang exciting (as in terrifying) :lol: :lol: I just had to have more control than throwing myself into a snow bank...or a hard packed trail.....to stop the dogs. "Whoa" was not a concept they understood, especially when I couldn't enforce it :roll: :wink: :lol: Huskies want to runrunrunrun....Brits want to follow the nose :roll: Sounds like the same scenario if you're the one hanging on for dear life :P :lol:
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13