I'd like to report two holiday miracles

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: I'd like to report two holiday miracles

Post by janet909 »

Holistic Mom,
I've been thinking of you & Holistic Dad and wondering how things are going with your new dog. Hope that all is well !!!
Janet & the boys

mart
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by mart »

I think I remember posts on facebook that poor little sparkle crossed over the rainbow bridge while she was still with her foster family. :cry: :cry: :cry: heartbreaking as I think it was from distemper, which the shelter had not tested/vacinated for. I do hope that holistic mom and dad are still looking to add to thier family, but understand how hard it may be now.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Oh no! I sent her a message a few weeks ago just wondering what was up and never heard back. Somehow I was thinking it might not be good story. I feel so bad for them because they seemed so excited about adopting. I guess the last thing they needed was a dog with health issues. So very sad .....
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

I can say that things are good in the "Holistic Family" again, hopefully she'll be back here again soon!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Oh good. I had no idea that there had been troubles so I felt really bad for bringing this post back into the forefront. I hope that things are going well for them.

mart
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by mart »

kat wrote:I can say that things are good in the "Holistic Family" again, hopefully she'll be back here again soon!

Theres no "like' button here. but I would be clicking it.

holisticmom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by holisticmom »

A big like and hugs back to everyone :D. Long story.

Well, unfortunately, the dog we were going to adopt around Christmas did, unfortunately, cross the Bridge from distemper. :(

The good news: we found Oakley, a Britt blend, through a shelter up by Rockford. He's 6 months old. He's very smart, about 80% potty trained, O/W, and we're working on his biggest fault: he's extremely mouthy from being taken from his biological mother too early.

As mentioned, he is a blend. A unique (except for his sisters) blend of Brittany and Great Pyrenees. :shock: He had been billed thru Petfinder as a Britt-Beagle blend. :? Then we went to the vet's for the pre-neuter check up and our good Dr. R pointed out that he has double rear dewclaws and a shepherd's crook tail and the black eyerims and lips and nose and...well, he thinks Oakley will top out at about 70 lbs.... :shock:

As Forest Gump's mother said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you'll get." :lol:
The point of [dog guardianship] is to open oneself to becoming partly a dog...Edward Hoagland

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Glad to hear everything is OK but so sorry about Sparkle. Oakley sounds like a great dog but you HAVE to post pictures. I love Great Pyrenees and can only imagine how adorable that face must be. And you must keep us up to date with puppy stories too. :)
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Canned Ice »

I'm sorry to hear about Sparkle. But Oakley sounds great! A Brit-Pyr? I must see this. I bet he'll grow up to have a great personality. I love the laid back nature of the big herding dogs. Combine that with the adorable sweetness of a Brit and I bet you have a terrific dog.
Buckley - I own this mountain.

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

A Brittany and a Great Pyr..... :shock: :shock: It boggles the mind. Photos are absolutely a MUST !!!!! :)

Very sad to hear about Sparkle.....sometimes Destiny steps in and the moment is defined :( In the great design of things maybe it was meant for Oakley to fill this spot. Let us know how it all goes.
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Sweet little Sparkle. Yet you opened your heart toa unique boy. Life is a box of chocolates but you know opening up to Oakley has already made the Holistic Family even sweeter. I look forward to hearing more about him and seeing pictures when you are ready to share more.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie