asking for puppy prayers

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Humphrey's Mom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

asking for puppy prayers

Post by Humphrey's Mom »

I went outside with the dogs to shovel my car out of the snow, and Humphrey got out of the yard and was hit my a neighbor's snow plow. Both back legs have multiple fractures and he lost skin where he was dragged. The vet now says she is "cautiously optimistic" about Humphrey's chances. No internal injuries, (we think) but one of his his legs is so mangled that it may not heal. She said if the blood vessels are too damaged then his lower leg would die without blood flow. And the way the injuries are, amputation may not solve his problems. Just have to wait and see. Might have a hard decision to make. If Humphrey can't chase birds, he would be soooo unhappy, it might be better to send him to the bridge.

I just can't believe I left the gate open just enough for him to sneak out when I was only 15 feet away..... I am usually so incredibly compulsive about checking the gate. My kids get sick of me asking, are you sure the gate is shut?

His howls of pain will haunt me forever.

Mary

mart
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Re: asking for puppy prayers

Post by mart »

Soooo Sorry!! Prayers headed your way!!!

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Oh goodness!!! I'll be keeping you and Humphrey in my thoughts.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD

dmedric
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by dmedric »

Oh no! I am so sorry. Prayers heading your way.

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Oh poor Humphrey :cry: Paws crossed that Mother Nature does a good job of healing....give it some time, wonders do happen.

Don't beat yourself up about this....you, all of us, do our best, but sometimes Destiny just steps in and defines the moment. Stay positive with healing vibes for Humphrey.
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by DLDoiron »

Prayers and puppy kisses headed your way.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Mary, my heart sunk reading your post.

My prayers are with you and Humphrey. I am going to light a candle right now for healing vibes to reach across the miles to his body -- and your heart.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Ron »

OMG!!! :shock: :shock: So sorry to hear this about Humphrey. Sending prayers and good thoughts to you both.

britlover
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by britlover »

Oh my. I'm so sorry - my heart aches for you and your boy.

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Oh Mary, I can't tell you how sorry I am, what a tragedy. I will keep Humphrey and you both in my prayers. Like Barb said tho', don't beat yourself up over this, sometimes enough things just happen to turn out badly. Be sure to keep us all posted, we care.
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

Canned Ice
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Canned Ice »

I am so sorry to hear about Humphrey. Buckley has had his share of close calls pulling loose from me or escaping. It's a horrendous moment but I couldn't imagine how much worse it would be if her were hit. Your post has me so shaken. I really hope Humphrey pulls through. Time has amazing healing properties. Know that everyone on the board is hoping and praying for Humphrey's recovery. Please keep us updated.
Buckley - I own this mountain.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

First of all - do NOT beat yourself up over this unfortunate accident! As we all know too well, s-h-_ -t happens no matter how careful you are 99.99999999% of the time. Our old dog Casey was run over and left to die in our driveway by someone (we suspect UPS or FedEx). She had multiple hernias, 2 fractured pelvis, a broken pubic bone, etc. We had 2 surgeries done at VA Tech to put her back together and she was 13+ years old when this happened. She couldn't get up or walk on her own for months and dragged her back leg for 9 months due to nerve damage. But guess what, she eventually recovered and walked normally again, despite what the experts predicted. One (of many) lessons I learned was never to underestimate the power and ability of a dog to recover and NEVER give up unless the inevitable presents itself. Even if he were to have a leg amputated, I've known many "tricycle" dogs who could run circles around 4 legged ones. If that is what happens to save his life, I don't see that as being a real obstacle in the long run. He'll be able to chase birds, I'm certain. I don't know what else to say except that I know and feel your pain and am sending ALL of the most positive vibes in your direction for Humphrey. Please keep us posted.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Annabelle
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Annabelle »

Sending your Humphrey healing touch and reiki !

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

I'm crying just thinking about it. Poor Humphrey. Hopefully, he will prove the vet wrong and make a full recovery. Hugs to you and prayers to Humphrey.

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

Oh Mary, I'm so very sorry to hear about Humphry's accident...I will pray for his recovery. Please don't be hard on yourself. We have all been in that situation of saying "If only I had done this, or I if only I hadn't done that..." Unfortunately accidents happen, no matter how hard we try. I know how hard this must be for you and your family. Please let us know how he's doing tomorrow.

Marge