the bed was full last night!

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

the bed was full last night!

Post by MaggieRocks »

When I went upstairs, Maggie and Evil Black Cat were already in bed. I joined them, and read a book for a while. Then DH came to bed. Sammy, our foster, walks into the room. DH says, "No! Sammy!" Too late...Sammy jumps up in bed beside me! Then Emma jumps up beside DH. Maggie, all the while, is REALLY getting irritated! (She likes her space :roll: ) Somehow, we got through the night without the bed collapsing and without anyone losing any body parts! :lol:

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Re: the bed was full last night!

Post by Sooz »

LOL! Hope they let you sleep....
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, dang, now I feel like I need to stop whining about just one dog taking her half out of the middle :lol: Three dogs, one cat, one husband plus Mom, and nobody got grumpy?? You are a well integrated family, beyond doubt 8)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

MaggieRocks wrote:When I went upstairs, Maggie and Evil Black Cat were already in bed. :lol:
Ok, I need to know, why do you call your cat, "evil black cat"? LOL
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

All three of our boys sleep in bed with us and it definitely affects the quality of our sleep but we're not able to kick them off for some strange, sick reason. :roll: :roll: My DH is out of town now and it's getting too hot for Wesley to enjoy the bed much (his coat is too thick).....so I'm living large in the king bed with only Moby and Shep. 8)

I hope you got some sleep. :P

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

My one wish was to have a bedroom large enough to accommodate a king sized bed - didn't happen! But when we were traveling with the dogs we got a motel with a king sized bed and guess what? Yup, John and I were crowded on about 1/4 of the bed and the dogs took over the rest!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

rtropeano wrote:
MaggieRocks wrote:When I went upstairs, Maggie and Evil Black Cat were already in bed. :lol:
Ok, I need to know, why do you call your cat, "evil black cat"? LOL
Rose
All 3 dogs are scared of this cat! If she is standing in the hallway, the dogs won't even walk by her. Maggie will sit there and wait for her to move. If she doesn't move, Maggie will start whining till someone shoos the cat away! She's not even that big-in fact, a little bit on the petite side. But what she lacks for in size, she makes up for in attitude. It always surprises me when I see her and Maggie in bed together-always opposite corners, though. That is the one thing Maggie will NOT give up! :lol:

Bear (her original name) used to be a feral cat. We trapped her when half-grown, took her to our vet, and ended up spending $400+ on her. After that, DH decided she was to be an inside cat to "protect our investment". She is now about 7 years old and to this day, will NOT allow anyone to pick her up. She'll sit on my lap all day if I let her, but it has to be HER idea. But she has all her claws, is not afraid to use them, and I think each dog has had a swat on the nose to prove it.

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

Teeehee....cats usually rule the roost....at least that is the way it is around here. Daisy has a healthy respect for my three kitties!
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

How could Sammy not be part of the pack? LOL. Nothing like seeing a Britt sail through the air and knowing full well they are about to land on you if you do not move quick enough.

There have been nights when all four Britts were in bed with us. We bought a king size bed to accomodate everyone even though our bedroom is small. It looks like we are planking dogs. The other three dogs are too hot to join us now as summer approaches but CharLee continues to sleep on the bed and even has her own pillow.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

The only time Lola gets to sleep with me is if I'm sick so we share the guest bed. She takes up a whole double bed. I don't know how she manages but she puffs up and stretches out and becomes the size of a great dane. When she gets off the bed she magically becomes a little 40 pounder again. How you guys can sleep with one, two, three or more dogs in the bed is beyond me! :D But ya all sound pretty happy about it so ... keep up the snuggles.