new britt owner

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Humphrey's Mom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

new britt owner

Post by Humphrey's Mom »

I helped with a NBRAN transport today, and lucked out in that I was the last leg before I handed two year old Soldier off to his new family. I love seeing the reaction of the new family, especially when they have kids. Dogs seem like they know they are meeting their new family. They are first time brittany owners, so I put in a pitch for this message board and told them they could ask any question, and someone here should be able to help. :D

They asked me for any last minute advice, and I said A good brittany is a tired brittany, so exercise, excercise and more exercise. Is there any other short advice I should have given them?

Mary

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Re: new britt owner

Post by Sooz »

Gosh, I think exercise is the most important thing. That, and maybe their soft personalities responding best to positive training.

Bless you for transporting!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

Patience!!! LOL...

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion