Nature vs. Brittany

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Nature vs. Brittany

Post by Alifaire »

Victor sped out of the house this morning and into his fenced yard. I looked up as usual to see what he was running at that is usually on the other side of the fence - but no dog in sight. I hustled out onto the deck only to hear Victor growling and another something growling and sounds of a scuffle. A moment later up the stairs comes a woodchuck with Victor snatching it by the neck and taking it back down into the yard. Victor looked at me out of the corner of his eye and I knew to leave him alone to get the thing killed. I told him to 'get it' and went back into the house. Victor 1 - Mother Nature 0.

A short time later Victor is laying in the doorway sunning himself when a bee flies into the room. Victor hates bees and goes after it, getting stung on this back leg. Mother Nature - 1, Victor - not walking on his leg. :cry:

So much for a quiet Saturday morning.

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Nature vs. Brittany

Post by rtropeano »

Oh NO Victor - you need your leg boy! How are you going to leap agility jumps in a single bound?

Poor boy, Daisy says she'll kiss it and make it better... :wink:

Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

You were smart. Sometimes it is best not to get between Moter Nature and your Brittany. But poor Victor, those bee stings can be owie. Trapper got stung recently too.

Then there are my girls ... Kallie hunts bees in the grass and so now CharLee does. Sigh. :roll:
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Alifaire
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Alifaire »

Apparently Victor is now 'King of the World' having conquered a woodchuck and survived a bee sting!! He's never been one to jump up on tables etc. until now. So apparently his leg is just fine! We came home this afternoon to a pile of 'stuff' from the kitchen counter shuffled around on the floor and yet another bag of Zukes empty. No way for him to get on the counter other than to just jump up over 3 feet high! If he keeps it up - he'll be spending time in a crate when we're gone - bad little doggy. :twisted:

MACH Casabergen's Victor Gentry CD BN RE MXS MJS MXF CGC ATD

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

Seems like Victor is now practicing agility in the house and then rewarding himself with Zukes......oh he's been a naughty little boy...

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

donald
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Post by donald »

Alifaire wrote:Victor sped out of the house this morning and into his fenced yard. I looked up as usual to see what he was running at that is usually on the other side of the fence - but no dog in sight. I hustled out onto the deck only to hear Victor growling and another something growling and sounds of a scuffle. A moment later up the stairs comes a woodchuck with Victor snatching it by the neck and taking it back down into the yard. Victor looked at me out of the corner of his eye and I knew to leave him alone to get the thing killed. I told him to 'get it' and went back into the house. Victor 1 - Mother Nature 0.

A short time later Victor is laying in the doorway sunning himself when a bee flies into the room. Victor hates bees and goes after it, getting stung on this back leg. Mother Nature - 1, Victor - not walking on his leg. :cry:

So much for a quiet Saturday morning.

Victor MX MXJ MXF RN TDInc
Great Saturday morning!