Another pup-date (new pics added)

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Another pup-date

Post by rtropeano »

That's a terrific idea.. Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

The novelty of the bell has worn off a bit, and Charm has gotten better about not ringing it constantly. She's mostly just ringing it when she needs to go out to potty now. Sometimes she still rings it to go play, but it's not the constant thing it was.

AND....we've had our first bit of naughtiness. I took her to Buster's agility class last Tuesday night, and deposited her in a 36" tall x-pen so she could watch. The little stinker figured out how to climb out of the pen and managed to get out while I was walking a course. She didn't get too far, and the field is fenced, but she really didn't want to stay in the pen. I had to have others watch her while I ran Buster, to make sure she didn't climb out again.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD

DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by DLDoiron »

Now she is sounding like a true Brittany puppy. They are such smart dogs.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

If you'd have asked me to watch her I'd have picked her up for a cuddle whether you wanted me to or not. :D She's so cute. I think its good that you get a little bit of naughty :wink: but I hope she never learns the rip-your-pants game.

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Just wanted to share some new pics of my baby girl. She's getting so big!!!! She's now 14 inches tall, 16 lbs, and even has two adult teeth (her top two front teeth). She's a very smart, sweet girl. She is now fully house trained, she knows sit, lie down, and is working on walking nicely on a leash. She loves her crate, and tonight, when I went looking for her to put her to bed, I found Charm already laying in her crate, asleep!

Click on any of them to view the bigger image....

Playing with the Belgian Tervs I was dog-sitting.

Image Image RIP Madi

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Another pup-date (new pics added)

Post by Cindy »

She just gets cuter every time I see a picture. Looks like you have a great dog there! :)
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

Oh... this is the best part, when they are all skin and legs and ears. So frickin' cute!! That picture when she's on top of the BT and the BT has a huge smile... that's great.

I already said it but I love that dog couch. It so comfortable.

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

she is so cute - makes me want another pupster!
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Oh Lisa, she's so darn cute!!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

That last pic looks like she's telling the Terv a joke and he's laughing. :lol:

Verrrry cute pup.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Adorable, adorable, adorable. And super cute. :D She has such beautiful eyes, Lisa.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

donald
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Post by donald »

Lisa wrote:Sigh - when will I learn?

On Thursday night, I taught Charm to ring a desk bell...my intention was to teach her to ring the bell, and then have her ring it to go outside to potty, rather than scratching at the door as she had been doing. With her little feet and tiny nails, I don't always hear her scratch. So...one 10 minute session, and she's consistantly ringing the bell. Friday night, I put the bell by the back door, and asked her to ring it before I'd let her outside. Today, since I was totally free to watch Charm, I wouldn't even go to the back door until she either accidentally or intentionally touched the bell in some way. Throughout the day, that has progressed to her ringing the bell to go out. However....Charm likes to be outside....so now she's ringing the danged bell all the time, so she can go out and play! It's driving me crazy!!! I guess I got what I asked for. She's ringing the bell to go out...but does she have to do it all the time?! Since we're still working on house training, I don't want to ignore her request to go outside and risk an accident, so that means every time I hear the bell, I'm rushing to the door and taking her outside. Most of the time, she does potty, but she also plays and lays in the grass and finds a spot to dig...well, you get the idea.

Charm is doing great, and she's the bestest puppy EVER. :D She's been super good about only chewing on dog stuff...except my laptop cord, which she's obsessed with! She's great about going in to her crate and has started running to it when I say "kennel." She's learning to let me look at her teeth, stand on a grooming table, and have her feet handled. She's nearly fearless, and the only thing so far that's spooked her is some kids walking by and bouncing a basketball on the other side of my fence. We're supposed to have much cooler temperatures this week, so I think I'm going to take her for some short walks around the neighborhood.

No new pics right now...I need to get busy and take some! She's just keeping me so busy! She is growing so very fast! She's gained 4 pounds in 3 weeks, and I think she's grown around 3 inches. Her legs seem to be growing daily!!!!
Britty-CGC, TDI
Buster-CGC, NA, NAJ, NF, APK, APJ, PD SPG, SPR
Madi-sweet old dog
You made your bed.....

patti
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by patti »

Oh my Lisa ! You did it-a Brittany puppy! Saw some of the videos and she reminds me a lot of Shiloh at that age! Congrats!

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Fantastic pics. Thanks for sharing. She is so darn cute !!!!!! I love the pics with the colorful flowers. Yes, makes me want a puppy again. Yikes !!!!!

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Wow, been a while since I've posted some Charmy pics.

She's 7 months old now, and doing great. Charm is just such an awesome puppy!!! She has her moments on brattiness, but they are rare.

Here's a few more current photos of her.

Image Image RIP Madi