Dave

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Dave

Post by Sooz »

If I have my date correct, I believe today is the second anniversary of Dave's passing. Seems like it was just yesterday.

We love you, Dave. I'll say a prayer for you.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Dave

Post by Cindy »

I believe you do have the date right. That was so sad and such a shock when he died. I was thinking about him just this past weekend when we had Holly (the name of his last foster dog) and how much Dave would have liked her because she was a BIG girl. He had a thing for big Britts.

Does anyone keep in touch with his wife? Just wondering how she and the dogs are doing.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Annie's Mom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Annie's Mom »

I thought of Dave yesterday as I was walking my dogs in the woods. I was watching one of them, remembered when I first got her, and remembered all the advise I got from Dave at that time. I said to myself...right out loud...I sure do miss Dave :( He was such a great guy and such an inspiration to many. I didn't remember the date of his passing and came here to look it up. Little did I know that it was two days after the 2 yr mark of his passing. I sure hope his family is doing well, although I am sure them miss him more than words can say. He was just that kind of guy.
Miss you Dave. Thanks for being my friend.
Terry

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

What a tribute to a great man that so many of us were so touched by him and still miss him. How many dogs did he save, his own fosters, and also the ones fostered and re-homed by those of us he inspired and cheered on? His passing was indeed a huge loss. The next time you are considering a transport request, remember how he used to drive all over Montana for these dogs, and do it for him. And if you're debating whether you want to take in yet another foster again, think of him. What a way to honor Dave, I think. And Cindy, yes, some of us do keep in contact with Diane, especially this time of the year. She, Levi and Molly are all well, living a quiet life.
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Dave was an extraordinary man and such a good friend to all of us. He just sort of met us where we were at -- whether we needed consolation, advice, or a figurative shove (or boot :P ) to get us moving in the right direction. He did not mince words and he kept things real. I read some of the Daveisms and just laugh. Most of all, I remember his compassion for the dogs. When I was faced with hard choices with Trapper, he was encouraging me and telling me that Trapper would be the best one yet. Now, I consider Dave to be Trapper's angel.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

Dave was always there to give great advice and guidance...he helped me with more than a thing or two when Daisy was being a brat!!
Rest easy big guy - we all miss you.
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

donald
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Post by donald »

Sooz wrote:If I have my date correct, I believe today is the second anniversary of Dave's passing. Seems like it was just yesterday.

We love you, Dave. I'll say a prayer for you.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown
Remember Dave