Happy Gotcha Day Ginger!

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Bama Britt
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Happy Gotcha Day Ginger!

Post by Bama Britt »

Well, I am a little late, but Ginger's Happy Gotcha Day was September 11. A year ago I made the trip from Atlanta to Clemson, SC and picked up my sweet Ginger. We haven't looked back since. Here is Ginger (who was still Meg at the time because I hadn't decided on a new name yet) on our way home.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/35/dscn2634s.jpg/

When we got back to the house, she checked the place out from baseboard to baseboard and fence post to fence post. Once she decided everything was ok, we did what most Southern girls do on Saturday afternoons in the Fall...watch college football. :D She snuggled with me through the whole game and I was smiling from ear to ear....plus Alabama ended up winning.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/dscn2644x.jpg/

For her 1 year Happy Gotcha Day, I tried to sleep late since I had played 4 softball games the day before, but I think she knew she had a special treat coming later in the day, so she was ready to get up and go :shock: ! I gave her some doggie ice cream after we had been to the doggie park to celebrate her day. Here she is waiting sooooomewhat patiently for her treat :roll:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/70 ... 31003.jpg/

She has been a joy to have around and keeps me laughing everyday with how goofy she can be!

"Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails. What puts man in a higher state of evolution is that he has got his laugh on the right end."
- Max Eastman

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Re: Happy Gotcha Day Ginger!

Post by Barb Wright »

Well, I gotta tell you, your report was just the most expressive and terrific example I"ve seen in a while of the right folks coming together with the right dog :D :D Ginger is sooooo lucky, and yep, you are soooooo lucky as well. :D

Thanks for the good feelings and uncontrollable smile you gave to me 8) Sharing such a neat story makes everyone in rescue just want to jump up and yell "YYYYYEEEEEEESSSSS" ! :D

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY GINGER, you are one lucky pup, and I know you deserve just that :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

Happy Gotcha Day Ginger, you gorgeous girl. 8)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

She is a beautiful girl and her happy sweet face says "yeah, I am at home." Happy Gotcha Day to both of you. But next year, relax before Ginger's Gotcha Day so you can keep up with her on her big day. :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Happy gotcha day Ginger!! Looks like you found the perfect home!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Happy Gotcha Day!! Great story to start my day, thanks. Love the pictures, she is beautiful.
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

I love that pic with you and Ginger watching the game. That's what dogs are for! :lol:

JSANTA26
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by JSANTA26 »

rescue dogs are the best!!
These organizations do such a great job pairing you with the dog thats right for your home. Tessie knew the second she saw me that I was her one and only human!

Image BIRD DOG

Bama Britt
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Post by Bama Britt »

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I have loved having her around and yes, she makes me laugh/smile just about everyday. Last Thursday she had me quoting from Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I got home from work and went to the bedroom to get on my walking clothes and Ginger, who beat me upstairs by a good 10 seconds :roll: , jumped on the bed wiggling with excitement. I then noticed that at somepoint during the day she decided to unmake my bed and make herself a little cubbyhole between the comforter and pillows. I proceeded to say out loud to her "Someone's been sleeping in my bed and she's still there!" I had to laugh when I realized what I had said.

Love these dogs! She is my 4th one and all have had different personalities, but you can't help but love them for that. :D

"Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails. What puts man in a higher state of evolution is that he has got his laugh on the right end."
- Max Eastman

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I love the one watching football. She looks like she´s fit right in. Happy Gotcha day.....a few days late.

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

Congrats to you and Ginger! She is beautiful!