Well, today is our anniversary

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Well, today is our anniversary

Post by MaggieRocks »

Been married 26 years, and guess what DH bought yesterday? A kennel for the back of his truck!!! :roll: Not exactly the anniversary present I had in mind, but I guess it's appropriate since "I" have decided to adopt Sammy, our foster. He loves to go for rides, but he's not a good rider-he's back and forth on the seat and all over the place. Dangerous for him, and it pisses Maggie off! So DH got the kennel to make it safer to take all 3 dogs at the same time when he goes out to his club and they scout around for birds. Now we'll just see if the dogs are going to like it. (I have a feeling Maggie will continue to ride in the front seat! 8) )

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Re: Well, today is our anniversary

Post by Barb Wright »

:lol: :lol: Well, better a dog kennel than a new washing machine or a new iron :P Happy Anniversary. :D :D 26 and counting, good for you, and from the VOE you can continue to expect "practical" gifts forever after :P :wink:
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Happy anniversary. Now, now -- you are getting Sammy -- better than diamonds. :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Happy anniversary. I almost hate to say this but I really like practical gifts as long as they throw in a little chocolate or dinner out. One year I got a chain saw for my birthday. I can't start it but it came along with a whole list of things that John needed to cut down! Well, keeping Sammy isn't a bad gift either!! :D :D
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

I gotta say...Sammy is a great lap-warmer! Maggie isn't much one to snuggle. Emma will snuggle, but she's a itty-bitty thing at only 30lbs. When Sammy jumps on your lap, you know you have a dog!!! :lol:

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

Happy Anniversary and Congrats on Adopting Sammy!
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

Happy Anniversary. I'm a practical gift lover too. A new washer?.... bring it on. I'd be very happy. One year DH and I bought each other half a dishwasher for Christmas :lol: If the dog needs a kennel, then its a good gift IMO. Just think, he's given you dog safety. That counts for millions.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what I'd do with an iron?

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

adele wrote:

On the other hand, I'm not sure what I'd do with an iron?

They make great paperweights.....
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

We got His and Hers hand saws one year. I loved them! But an iron ... hmmm ....

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

:lol: :lol: OMG am I the only one who still uses a iron anymore?? :shock: I love cotton, 100% cotton, and I'd be a wrinkley mess without an iron......well, my clothes would be, can't do much about the other wrinkles :wink: Just to set the record straight though, I bought my iron(s) myself :wink:
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by DLDoiron »

I consider Iron a four letter word along with Dust and Cook. My mom always taught me not to use 4 letter words.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

I have an iron, and I even know where it is! (Of course, I only know that because it hasn't been touched in 15 years....) :lol:

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

AuntieMom wrote:Happy anniversary. Now, now -- you are getting Sammy -- better than diamonds. :P
Couldn't agree more !!!! Sammy is a priceless gifts.......being a Brittany and all :D Happy Anniversary.

PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by PCTech01 »

Listen up guys... OSCAR here!

Congrats on your 26th anniverary, But be advised boy dogs don't buy those fancy gifts until "milestone" anniversary like the 30th! My master & mistress celebrated their 30th on 9/11 and they found a real nice jewelry store in Boothbay Harbor ME while we were on vacation last week. This store invited me in, gave me water and told me what a good Brit boy I am while my parents shopped for a ring. Nice place but I could't wait to get back to the beach and do some more zoom zooms that I read about in the forums here!

OSCAR

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Oscar, that was nice of you to take time from your busy zoom schedule to shop. And that jewelry store owner could be a girl's second best friend -- after her Brittanys, of course. :D