funny blog-you might be a dog person

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

funny blog-you might be a dog person

Post by MaggieRocks »

Some of these made me laugh out loud-quite a few apply to me... and probably everyone else here!

http://exercisefinished.blogspot.com/20 ... on-if.html

mart
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Re: funny blog-you might be a dog person

Post by mart »

You’ve asked an auto dealer to take the seats out of a van so you could measure for crate space.

^^^this has been me with SUV's :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Ron »

Yep,most of them are true at my house. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by PCTech01 »

The bathroom ones are true at my house :D
PC

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Laughing out loud, apologizing to the dogs for waking them..... Thanks for sharing that!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

I' ve actually had every single one of those happen. Including having to explain to medical personnel that the bruises and broken bones really were caused by a dog and I'm perfectly safe at home. Sigh.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

It is confirmed. I am a dog person. :shock: But I also cook with the help of my dogs, which makes me a dog mom. :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

holisticmom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by holisticmom »

Oh, you mean that you and the dog aren't supposed to use the same spoon? :shock:

And then there was the day when I had an open sample bag of Taste of the Wild next to an open bag of potato chips and....
The point of [dog guardianship] is to open oneself to becoming partly a dog...Edward Hoagland

Humphrey's Mom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Humphrey's Mom »

Many of those quotes apply to me!
mart wrote:You’ve asked an auto dealer to take the seats out of a van so you could measure for crate space.
^^^this has been me with SUV's :roll: :roll: :roll:
I went into the car dealership and my first request was to see the seats founded down in a couple different smaller cars ......... He was like "Umm, don't you want to hear about about our sale or test drive something first??? " NO! First I need to see if the seats really fold flat enough for dog crates, or there is no sense wasting our time ..... "

I know I was laughed at but I am happy enough with how the cheap Pontiac Vibe turns into an old fashioned "station wagon" and I can squeeze in two crates. I have my priorities! :lol:

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

holisticmom wrote:Oh, you mean that you and the dog aren't supposed to use the same spoon?
:lol: :lol: I was over at my parents house the other night, and Mom had put a bowl of dip up on the counter. Next thing we knew, Buster was stretching his tongue out to lick the very edge of the bowl. My Mom sighed, and grabbed the bowl to dispose of the dip. My first thought was - ' he didn't really get that much, just scrape off the top layer and it's fine!' Mom didn't agree. :lol:
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

Lisa wrote:
holisticmom wrote:Oh, you mean that you and the dog aren't supposed to use the same spoon?
:lol: :lol: I was over at my parents house the other night, and Mom had put a bowl of dip up on the counter. Next thing we knew, Buster was stretching his tongue out to lick the very edge of the bowl. My Mom sighed, and grabbed the bowl to dispose of the dip. My first thought was - ' he didn't really get that much, just scrape off the top layer and it's fine!' Mom didn't agree. :lol:
LOL! My husband sounds like your mom! If I'm dishing up ice cream and I turn my back to put the container back in the freezer, Maggie will be there with her paws up on the table trying to get a lick. If she is successful, DH always says to me, "That's your bowl!"

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

Hee Hee... I have a twin brother, and one of my mother's favorite stories involves spoon sharing. She'd put us in our side-by-side stroller to feed us as infants, and the dog would optimistically take his place next to us. If my mom was in the mood, it would be one bite for each kid, then one for the dog, etc, in rounds. My mom used to get a kick of grossing out her mom this way. :twisted: :mrgreen:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Sooz wrote:Hee Hee... I have a twin brother, and one of my mother's favorite stories involves spoon sharing. She'd put us in our side-by-side stroller to feed us as infants, and the dog would optimistically take his place next to us. If my mom was in the mood, it would be one bite for each kid, then one for the dog, etc, in rounds. My mom used to get a kick of grossing out her mom this way. :twisted: :mrgreen:
I like your mom, Sooz. My mom is a twin too. :D
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie