Rocket Strikes Again

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Rocket Strikes Again

Post by mkilcz »

I know that Rocket is smart, but sometimes he really makes me wonder....
Ok, so the other day, my son was playing a video game when Rocket came into the room with Jack's "Baby" in his mouth. He ran to the sofa, pushed a pillow aside, and buried Baby down between the cushions. Then, he put the pillow back (really!), walked over to my son and stared at him (which Jake interpreted as "Shhhhh!") and proceeded up the stairs to a spot where he could see the whole living room. A few minutes later (right on cue), here comes Jack, looking for Baby (and turning the room upside down). Rocket gave him a few minutes, then raced downstairs, dug Baby out of the sofa, did some taunting, and then of course it was Game On!
Smh...

Marge

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Rocket Strikes Again

Post by janet909 »

That's a great story. Too bad you didn't have a video camera. Rocket was really thinking it through. Smart !!!!!!!!!!

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

That's too funny!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

I'm dealing with a horse right now that is too smart for his own good. Entertaining - absolutely! But it can drive you crazy sometimes. You have to catch Rocket on video.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by PCTech01 »

HOLY SUGAR! :shock: That is one smart dog!

PC

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

Oh, man, that made me laugh! Good for Rocket! Its gotta be touch on Jack though.

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

I love the 'evil genius' dogs!! Until they use that genius against their owners, anyway.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

adele wrote:Its gotta be touch on Jack though.
I don't know... Jack is really the perfect foil for Rocket's personality... very sweet and uncomplicated. He also absolutely worships Rocket. Jack really reminds me of an adoring younger sibling who is so happy to be included that he doesn't even care about anything else. And while Jack doesn't have Rocket's extreme degree of intellect, he is blessed with a high emotional IQ.
Rocket definitely fits the "evil genius" profile... sometimes I imagine him lying awake at night plotting to take over the world, lol. But seriously, after years of living with this dog and seeing how his mind works, I am amazed at his ability to reason, plan, and anticipate outcomes. I've heard experts say that dogs are just good students of human behavior, not great thinkers. Gotta disagree with that one. I see Rocket connecting the dots every day!

Marge

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

mkilcz wrote: I've heard experts say that dogs are just good students of human behavior, not great thinkers. Gotta disagree with that one. I see Rocket connecting the dots every day!
I couldn't agree more. Lola makes plans and follows through. I've never met another dog who clearly thinks through problems the way Lola does. (Don't know enough Britts I guess).

JSANTA26
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by JSANTA26 »

<sigh>
They are smarter than us. If you think about it, they really have us trained, not the other way around. After all its been 3 years and every day Tessie eats the toilet paper in the bathroom. and I've yet to learn to shut the door. If they ever get opposable thumbs, we're in serious trouble :shock:

Image BIRD DOG