Brittany Sighting

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Brittany Sighting

Post by mkilcz »

Ok, I know it's ridiculous, but I get really excited when I run into other people with Brittanys. They just aren't a very common breed around this area. Most people think Rocket is a Springer, and have no clue WHAT Jack is, lol. So, today we were hiking along the banks of the Susquehanna River when an older couple appeared with two (!!) absolutely beautiful brittany girls. I literally ran over and started talking with them (much to the great embarrassment of my son and daughter, but oh well). Very nice people, the dogs belong to their son who is military. Anyway, it was so nice to trade stories and watch the dogs splash around. Absolutely made my day!

Marge

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Brittany Sighting

Post by kat »

Haha, we're all like that! One time though, we were sightseeing here in Colorado with Barb, Lisa and Dave and their Britts when a couple came running up to us - you guessed it - they were here on vacation without their Brittanys so had to come meet our Britts. It was fun to be on that side of the enthusiasm for the breed for a change (and to know it's universal with Brittany lovers).
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

We have four of our own but we too get excited at a Brittany sighting. It is not just me. My husband is like a kid -- "Look, a Brittany!" -- like we don't wake up with them in our face every morning. :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

We spent November in a fishing village on the Pacific side of the Baja 3/4 of the way down. When you turn off the highway, it's a four hour drive in on a dirt road. Off the beaten track so imagine my surprise when on my morning beach walk with Wes and Shep, I started seeing a guy from California with 2 brittanys. Of course we started talking. He had a male and female. They were his parent's dogs but he brought them because he thought the beach and exercise would be good for them. I missed seeing them when he left....... (one of them came from ABR :D :D :D )

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

We rarely see Britts around here so I always start talking to people when they have one. And, of course, most people mistake Kayla for a Springer!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

We're the same way. Brittanys aren't common in NJ - at least not central and when I see one, I get excited. Most people think Daisy is a springer ( don't know why, she's so darn tall). And people who have (or have had) Britts always want to see Daisy.

We love OUR breed :) I know it's the best choice I ever made.
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

brittlover
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by brittlover »

We are also in Central NJ and Brittanys are not that common at all I remember when we got our first Brittany, people asked "what Breed is that" when we told them they said never heard of it, but what a beautiful dog. Then as time went on people seems to be more familar with the dog but never had one, then one day we saw someone walking a Brittany in our developement and we just go so excited, so we do once in awhile bump into them on our walks. But no matter where we go if we see another Brittany we get so excited, just the other day we were driving and got stuck in some traffic and up ahead of us was a truck with a dog hanging his head out the window, and it sure looked like a Brittany, as we got closer we were able to better see and it sure was Brittany I just wanted to hang my head out the window to chat with his owner... :lol: Hubby works in town and will once in awhile see a Brittany around town and tell me when he gets home.... Just love seeing those Britt's. :wink:

dianek
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by dianek »

Last year when we were in France, we spotted a beautiful brittany. The lady's english was not very good but we somehow understood each other and she agreed to let me take her picture with her brittany. diane
Diane Klonowski

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

I remember our trip to France and being surprised at how many Brittanys we saw (dah, where did they originate from!!). We had to learn how to say something in French that the dogs would understand so they would come to us. We even stopped by an animal shelter in this little town where we stayed and there were 3 Britts there. We considered seeing if we could adopt one and then our better sense prevailed!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

gingersnap
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by gingersnap »

I always stop when I see a Brittany. I saw a woman with two beautiful Britts at Vail on closing day last Sunday. She laughed and says she also stops to say hi to any brittany she sees. I was impressed with how calm her two were in the midst of all the end of season mayhem around us, crazy costumes, loud music, pond skimming, etc.