New Brittany mom

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Erin
Puppy

New Brittany mom

Post by Erin »

Hello!

I decided to register today and introduce myself to all of you wonderful people. We have a new baby boy in our home and I have been reading your posts for a while now. Your insight and stories have made our puppy experiance so much better and I find myself so excited about the things we're going to encounter with our little lovebug Brady and the other Brittany puppy we'll be getting at the end of June (yes we're nuts to have two puppies at once!!).

We picked the Brittany breed because we're active people who run/hike/camp but also wanted a snuggle buddy. I had no idea this little guy would be such a good snuggler! He will actually ask to be put to sleep by crawling in our laps. My uncle told me they were the best dogs on the earth and I'm pretty sure he was right.

So really just wanted to say "Thank you!" to all of you. Your stories and advice are a treasure for new Brittany owners.

I also wanted to add that I think the rescue work you do is amazing. We watched for a Brittany to resuce in our area for a while, I was constantly looking for a pup near us and never saw one. The lengths you all go to resuce these dogs amazes me.

Erin

Brady - 4 months

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: New Brittany mom

Post by janet909 »

OMG !!!! Brady is absolutely precious. That picture makes me want to kiss his nose !!! His eyes have a lot of expression !!! How lucky you are to have a puppy (yes, I DID say that since I'm a puppy lush). Trust me, if you have any questions are concerns, you will surely find an answer in old posts and if not, your question will be answered in no time by people with a lot of Brittany experience. I LOVE to camp with mine and they are very good at hanging out at camp and they even crawl into the tent when they get tired. They LOVE to camp and go on adventures.
Anyway, welcome to the board. We look forward to hearing your stories (especially when you get your second one :lol: :lol: :lol: ) and we ALL love pictures !!!!!!

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Welcome to you and Brady - what a handsome little guy! Yes, lots of Brittany-experienced people on this site who are always here to help and share their knowledge. Obviously "someone" has done a really good job if you were not afraid to get a puppy!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not that brave and prefer to take on the young adults with far less far them (and me) to learn. :)
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

britlover
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by britlover »

What a handsome boy! And yes, they are the best dogs in the world :D
Welcome to the Brittany community!
Piper, and Bryce

dmedric
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by dmedric »

Welcome! What a beautiful puppy.

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

So cute, be sure to post many pictures so we can watch him grow - congrats & welcome!
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Hello, Erin and welcome! Brady is soooooooo cute and what a bonus for you that he is a snuggler. He looks like he will be a good little hiker too. I am a little surprised he has not destuffed that football though. Three of our four Britts take intact toys as a personal affront. :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Erin
Puppy

Post by Erin »

Ha! That's funny. Strangely he hasn't been destructive at all. I am certain he is holding it all inside for one whopper of a couch deconstruction or pillow ripping fest. So far the only thing we've lost is one World Series coffee mug and that was my fault, but it's clear he's not a St. Louis Cardinals fan. :D

Our last puppy, a Lhasa Apso, chewed up yearbooks and shoes and all sorts of things. The Cocker I had growing up always had something in her mouth. Brady chews but he listens which I think is also really weird. How did I get such a good puppy? Last night he even came when called after finding a opossum and four babies in the yard. He thought twice about it but he did it.

Now if I could just get him to stop eating other dogs poop... Doggy daycare is now calling him the Poop-inator. Yeah that's my kid :shock:

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Hi Erin, and Welcome to this special corner of American Brittany Rescue :D Happy to have you join us, and love adding Brady to our extended family of Britts 8) He is one handsome pupper and he sounds pretty special....thank your lucky stars :P :P

My Cassie never destroyed any toys, or really anything else actually. There really are some good Britt puppies...luck of the draw :lol: Enjoy, the second one will probably make you wonder why you did it :P :lol: Looking forward to more pictures of him, and will enjoy the stories as he progresses to becoming the best dog ever :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

dianek
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by dianek »

Brady is absolutely gorgeous! I just love those eyes!! All the best, diane
Diane Klonowski

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

Hi Erin! Your puppy is adorable...!!
Brittanies are indeed a good choice for active people. I run with our dogs every morning and they love to go on hikes. I'm sure Brady (and the new puppy) will become great companions for you whatever you do with them. Welcome to the boards!

Marge