at 4:30am? Really????

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

at 4:30am? Really????

Post by MaggieRocks »

Usually if someone needs to go out at some ridiculous hour, DH will take them. But last night he couldn't sleep (allergies) so he asked me to run them out. And you know how it is...if one has to go, all THREE have to go! Maggie & Emma can go out without a leash. I leashed up Sammy, and out the 4 of us went, me in my pj's with a flashlight. We head out into the woods and I'm shining the light around, when all of a sudden, Sammy grabs something off the ground! Oh no....a squirrel!!!! Correction...a DEAD squirrel! I did my best "drop it" command, but he was pretty darn proud of that squirrel and had no intentions of giving it up!

So me and Sammy are heading back to the house, me saying "drop it" the whole way there. By that time, Emma was tagging along, hoping maybe she could grab it from him. I went in the garage, opened the kitchen door and yelled "HELP!!!" DH couldn't get Sammy to drop it, either. Sammy never growled or anything-he just wasn't letting go! DH couldn't even pry his jaw apart! I finally told him to go in and get a treat. Finally, with a treat right up against his nose, Sam dropped it. Geez!

Don't know what happened to the squirrel. It was dead when Sammy picked it up, but it wasn't stiff. No marks on him that I noticed. DH thinks he may have fallen out of a tree, because there were broken pieces of a branch laying around, and they weren't there earlier in the evening. Poor squirrel. DH asked Sam if he wanted to get it mounted!!! :roll:

dmedric
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: at 4:30am? Really????

Post by dmedric »

Oh yuck! Not sure I could get mine to give up a dead squirrel either.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Erin
Puppy

Post by Erin »

What a fun morning surprise! And what a sweetie for bringing it to you :D

This past week we've had to leash Brady up for middle of the night trips outside due to a momma opossum and her four babies. He's had her cornered twice and I don't want what ever outcome might happen, certainly not at 4:30am when my blurry eyeballs might mistake that opossum for a cat.

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

Erin wrote:What a fun morning surprise! And what a sweetie for bringing it to you :D

This past week we've had to leash Brady up for middle of the night trips outside due to a momma opossum and her four babies. He's had her cornered twice and I don't want what ever outcome might happen, certainly not at 4:30am when my blurry eyeballs might mistake that opossum for a cat.
I have to warn you-- watch out for the dogs to try to bring an opossum inside. Our Brit did that and I didn't realize it until I stepped on it in the dark hallway--in my bare feet!!!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

Ick!!! I have memories of Daisy bringing me a dead squirrel.....yucky....she did drop it though because I think I scared the crap out of her when I screamed... LOL.

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

OMGosh, how funny would that be to mount the squirrel?? Hang it in the family room, let everyone admire it for Sammy, hahahaha!! I would almost do that.....
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?