Meet Duke...

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
StFrost
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: Meet Duke...

Post by StFrost »

Hey, its sunny now!
We just got back from a run at Whatcom Falls. The off leash area and lower falls trails are pretty dry. Sammie didn't get wet until the old railway line.

Jason
Puppy

Post by Jason »

Sorry for the long lapses between updates. Duke had a localized bout with Democratic Mange. It's been a 3 week ordeal. So while that's been going on he's been staying at Brigadoon. I picked him up this morning and it was like a kid seeing his dad after a deployment. My homie, as I call him, has searched my house for every unaccounted for crumb on the floor, checked to see that his bed and kennel still smell like him and now he is firmly placed in his spot in my recliner couch. In 20 min or so we'll head to the grange to get spoiling materials for my boy.

Feed me I'm dying...Duke

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

Great, glad he go rid of the mange! Thanks for the update!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

We had a foster dog, Jake, come in to us that had mange. My vet (a family friend, now deceased :( ) told us that Jake's immune system had been stressed. Our vet treated the mange medically but he also suggested that we give Jake some R&R. So we gave Jake that R&R and seriously thought about keeping him because we loved him so much but a much better home came up and he is enjoying his life. Anway, all this is to say, your last post brought up memories ... and I am glad to hear Duke is on the mend. I hope he continues to enjoy that bed that still smells like him and best of all that he has a spot near you. :D
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie