For fun, what other breeds do you think Hopps is mixed with?

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
hoppsmom
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

For fun, what other breeds do you think Hopps is mixed with?

Post by hoppsmom »

Ha, so I don't really know for sure, and I am not sure I will ever know, what exact breeds Hopps is mixed with besides, of course, Brittany. He is definitely about half brittany, and the other most dominant breed is definitely some sort of hound, but I am not exactly sure which one. He is a year and a half, weighs about 35-40 lbs, and I don't think hes going to grow much more. Of course he definitely acts a lot like the Brittany, and to be honest I really don't care one way or the other what breed he exactly is, but it is fun to guess and speculate, so feel free to join in the guessing! :)

Again here are the pics I have of him!

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: For fun, what other breeds do you think Hopps is mixed with?

Post by Cindy »

Foxhound??? You know, for about $70 you can have a test done that will tell you for sure. Might be interesting to know ...
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

My guess too would be a high percentage of Foxhound. Here is a site to visit if you think you want to find out exactly what Hopps ancestry is http://www.dog-dna.com/dog-breed-testing.php The American Kennel Club also has kits available for DNA testing.

If it turns out that Hopps doesn't have much Brittany in him he can still be an "Honorary Brittany" here on the message board 8) We are all enjoying traveling this journey with you and hoping all works out well for you and your partner Hopps :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

dmedric
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by dmedric »

We did the DNA test for our Beagle mix. That's how we found out that she was 1/2 Brittany. Yes, it cost $70, but it was fun.

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

My son did the DNA test on the cocker-mix they adopted and found out that she was part Britt and part Pitt as well. Now they call her their "cocka-pit-britt". I love hearing what people find out about their mixed breed dogs this way.
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

hoppsmom
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Post by hoppsmom »

I bought a dna test at petco about 2 and a half weeks ago and did it... Canine heritage breed test... but i got it back in the mail with return to sender and then googled the company and found out that they no longer exist... ended about a yr and a half ago! I went back to petco who didnt even know about it, and of course refunded my money, and is contacting their corporate office, but I don't know if I will try to go and get another test for Hopps done or not. And it went ok with the fact that I got my money back, but realizing again that it cost me 95 bucks... I just dont know if it really is worth it... I mean who cares to be honest... I know he is a mutt, lol, and I know he has to have a lot of brittany and foxhound in him... I guess I just realized again how I could put the money to better use! Oh well, maybe when I have more money to spend I will try it again!

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

hoppsmom wrote:...I mean who cares to be honest... I know he is a mutt, lol, and I know he has to have a lot of brittany and foxhound in him... I guess I just realized again how I could put the money to better use!
Right on :!: :!: It matters not....he's got a great home, he's a great dog for you, it's a win-win :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

dianek
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by dianek »

Just thought I would add my thoughts. No matter what Hopps is, you will still love him & take good care of him.

Maybe instead of a DNA test, you could spend those funds on an obedience class. I'm sure it will help him gain some confidence.

Diane
Diane Klonowski

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

I see some beagle in him I think....

And I agree with the others, it doesn't matter what he is, just as long as you love him! 8)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

Naw, of course it doesn't matter. Its an unnecessary luxury and perhaps Hopps would prefer you bought him treats with that money. If you win the lotto maybe.

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

If it's any consolation, I heard that those tests are not yet very reliable.

Actually, Hobbs looks very similar to Sammy. Sammy also has the dark nose, and he has big, sad looking eyes compared to the girls. We tell everyone he is a French brittany, although we really have no idea! He is just our big love-bug!

yooyo
Puppy

Post by yooyo »

so pretty!