Changes

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
dmedric
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: Changes

Post by dmedric »

My sincere condolences. I too will miss the Cassie stories. She had a good life.

Allison
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Allison »

I am so sorry for your loss.

Allison

Lisa

Post by Lisa »

I'm so very sorry for your loss. They just never seem to have enough time with us.
Image Image RIP Madi
Charm-future agility champ
Britty- RIP March 27, 2014
Buster-CGC, OA, OF, NAJ, APK, APJ, APG, APR, PD

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

All of your shared thoughts and feelings have been a great comfort. I know that most, if not all of you, have been down this road that seems painful and endless, but which in fact will wind down to a memory lane. This I know and each day brings closer the time when the memories will be all the good ones and we can smile again.

I think this has been especially hard for us because in all the past years we have had more than one dog at a time, and so because our routines stayed the same because of the other dogs, somehow the loss seemed less consuming. Cassie was our only dog for so long and so much of our day to day life, which I am just now fully realizing, revolved around her. With her not here everything seems out of whack. Anyway, we are coping and adjusting to this new life. I brought Cassie's ashes home today and so she will abide with us until the right time and place comes about to set her free. Her spirit we know is in a happy place forever.

Again, thank you all for your condolences.....so much understanding and support has been of great solace.

Barb & Jim
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

janjan697
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Post by janjan697 »

So very sorry, barb. You are an amazing source of support for everyone on this board with your knowledge and compassion. How wonderful to see all the caring messages.
So many of my friends are losing their old dogs right now. I squeeze mine tighter every single day -I never want it to end.
Take good good care of yourself.

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Oh Barb, I just saw your post and I am crying. I'm so very sorry that it was time for Cassie to cross the bridge. How difficult for you and your family. Your tribute was beautiful and there's nothing left to say that hasn't already been expressed. My sincere condolences. Janet

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

What a lovely tribute to your beloved companion Cassie. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time of sadness.
My deepest sympathy.
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

swillow66
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by swillow66 »

Barb-
I cannot find the words to even begin to console you.

Perhaps, I can say that even before Cassie was born God looked among those that had crossed the rainbow bridge and had no one to wait for, a pup that had led a particularly hard life and had not known the love of a human. When he found the perfect pup, he told her that she would go to earth to be part of the wonderful and loving family. For the entire time she would spend on this planet she would be fed the best food, have only the highest and best medical care, travel with her human companions, be doted on day and night and above all know she was loved and cherished each and every day she was here. In other words, Heaven on earth.

God also told her that when her time on earth was to finish, she would cross over the bridge but instead of no one to wait for, she could instead keep watch over her loving family until it was time to be reunited.

....perhaps, but no matter what she was indeed the luckiest of dogs to be picked out by you!

Much love, thoughts and prayers-Shelli
Madison and Riley "Waiting for Spring!"

To the world you are just one person, but to one person you can mean the world

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

She had a good life and she was loved. I know you're going to miss her. I am so sorry.

Puddin Man
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Puddin Man »

I was really sorry to hear of the loss of your Cassie. Her years roughly paralleled those of my Little Fox, who passed at 15 1/2 last Nov.

And, yes, she was an only dog, and I was totally unprepared for her loss. Was in shock for months, eventually changed much of my daily, weekly etc schedule, which had centered on her.

We can't keep them forever, but we can (and will) share a life with them. And that's to the good.

Puddin'
Lovable furry rascal
<How to display second pic???><message for second pic>

Sooz
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Sooz »

Oh, Barb, I'm crying right now. My heart is aching for you and there nothing I can say that will make it better for you. You and Jim will be in my prayers. All I can say is, all the work you do for ABR is a wonderful tribute to Cassie's spirit and is much appreciated. God bless you and Jim.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." – Unknown

Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Post by Muddy Creek Britts »

So sorry, Barb. Just saw the bitter news. Cassie was one hell of a lucky girl to be yours...and she always will be. Sending our love to you and your husband. Cassie, we all fell in love with you through the loving, adoring words of your momma. Peace.
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau

Humphrey's Mom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Humphrey's Mom »

I am so sorry to read about Cassie - I am sure you still feel like your shadow is missing...

Her picture in the front of your camper always made me smile.

Mary