pepper girl update

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
marz
Puppy

pepper girl update

Post by marz »

Hello! Well, I am getting more and more excited as Pepper gets older.:) She's such a fun girl!

She seems to be at some stage when we take her out where she'll encounter other dogs.. She puffs up and acts all big and bad until I bring her on up to the dog.lol Then she shows just how big and bad she is by being a very submissive girl and having a blast playing. :lol:

There are times when she bolts out the door and getting her back has been such a pain in the rear. So I've been working on her wait more and more and there are days when she is awesome on her wait and she'll either stay at the door or just walk away from the open door and play with a toy instead of trying to bolt out. (Yay!)

I've been working on her recall as well. For the past week, I've been able to stop her mid-run with her recall and get her to come back.(Yay again!) Even if she's being distracted with something else, I've been able to get her to come running with her recall word.
We've made her recall word something that seems so fitting for her since she's a pretty distractible girl but it can be a little embarrassing to say when others are around.lol
If you've ever watched Family Guy where James Woods is going to be trapped, his attention is grabbed by candy. Candy will be on the ground and in a kind of high pitched voice, he says "Oh, piece of candy." Well, that is the recall word.lol Its funny to watch Pepper react when we say it. Many times all we have to say is "Oh"and she'll pause to look at us. Once we say "Piece of candy" she's running to us as if, Yep that's what I thought they were saying.lol

Here are two pics of her so you can see how much she's already grown. She's already almost 6mos old!:)

Then

Now

britlover
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: pepper girl update

Post by britlover »

What a beautiful girl! Sounds like she is doing great with her training too. Keep up the good work.
Piper, and Bryce

marz
Puppy

Post by marz »

britlover wrote:What a beautiful girl! Sounds like she is doing great with her training too. Keep up the good work.

Thanks!! But there are days where I think any training has gone out the door with her.lol

dmedric
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by dmedric »

What a beautiful girl!!

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Pepper is turning into an absolutely gorgeous girl!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Margol
Puppy

Post by Margol »

Very, very beautiful!

DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by DLDoiron »

She is a very pretty girl.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana

PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by PCTech01 »

WOW! What a beautiful dog!! She is filling out nicely.

PC

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

Aww... She's changing from an adorable puppy into a very beautiful young girl right before our eyes! It happens so fast....

Marge

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

She is so beautiful. I love her expressive eyes.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Agree, she is gorgeous and I, also, love her expressive eyes. Don't worry, you are doing great with training.Don't think that training has gone out the door with her. It's there somewhere. Practice, practice,practice. With a puppy, you have a fresh slate (vs. dogs that are adopted/rescued later in life). With them, you sometimes have to train and untrain bad habits. Every session, something sinks in though!!!! Remember,she's a puppy which means that focusing might at times be a challange when there's a big, new, exciting world to learn about. Again,keep up the great work with your ever so beautiful girl !!!!!

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

She's gorgeous! I love the way they look at that stage. So pretty.

I think training is fun work. Generally you can see the results of your efforts and its so satisfying.