Molly's First E Collar Session

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Margol
Puppy

Molly's First E Collar Session

Post by Margol »

Well I bit the bullet and got Molly a Dogtra e collar. After walking her and the rest of my pack on leashes for two miles....imagine the looks you get walking four dogs....I took Molly by herself to a field where we could train. We started with her dragging the check cord and as she ventured out further, I would call her back and all was well. She was behaving nicely and I only used the vibration mode a couple of times for her to come to me. So I let her loose...again, all was well until we came across a flock of geese! Instead of pointing, she was off like superwoman....I hit vibration...nothing...I hit nick...nothing...I turned up the volume to 30, hit nick....nothing...hit continuous...nothing. I then did as instructed and gave her a jolt at 60! She yelped, which broke my heart, but immediately responded to the come command and was back at my side. I praised her and praised her for doing the right thing....
After that no troubles at all...she did really well at ranging in front and would come every time. More training tomorrow!
Also I am sure you are tired of this question....but in layman's terms, how do you post pics?! Thank you!

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: Molly's First E Collar Session

Post by Cindy »

That's pretty much how it went with our dogs. After one shock, we haven't had to do that again! They see the remote and know exactly what's up. We at the beach on vacation and just got back from taking the dogs in the sound to go swimming. There were all sorts of birds but they stuck with us because they had the e-collars on. I'm starting to think e-collars are kind of a "miracle!"
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Here's photo posting instructions: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=811

If you still have problems contact Mark, he should be able to help you :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

Rocket wears a bell on his e-collar when out in the field, and that's his cue for knowing who is in charge. This has been helpful to me on those random occasions when I realized too late that the collar was low and needed charging. I rarely use the stimulus... It's mostly for my own peace of mind (just in case!). But Rocket knows that if he can hear the bell, it "could" happen, lol.

Marge

Puddin Man
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Puddin Man »

Barb Wright wrote:Here's photo posting instructions: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=811

If you still have problems contact Mark, he should be able to help you :)
Didn't respond to *my* query some time ago.

P
Lovable furry rascal
<How to display second pic???><message for second pic>