Update on Tramp and Lola (now with pics)

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Update on Tramp and Lola (now with pics)

Post by adele »

Well, its official... I have two dogs. I found Tramp the perfect home but it was too late... even my husband said, "this is his home now" - so he's stayin'. Its funny because I never wanted a male dog, never wanted a lab, never ever considered getting a german shepard (we think he's lab x shepard). He's not too too big (60 lbs) but he's a bigger dog then I ever wanted... still, he's a great dog (very handsome and really sweet) and he's wormed his way into my heart. So, I guess Tramp needs honorary Britt status.

Lola is relaxing a bit. I think she's actually starting to like having him around (but she'll never admit it). They have played twice - only for about a minute each time but I see it as a positive step. He is completely submissive to her but now when we walk he bounces in front of her asking her to play. Once in awhile she runs with him (since they're on leash that means I have to run too :lol: ).. He's learned to wait his turn when I'm having a snuggle with Lola and keeps his distance... but as soon as I get up from Lola he walks over for his turn. Its really cute.
Last edited by adele on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dmedric
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: Update on Tramp and Lola

Post by dmedric »

Yay! Sounds like things are going to work out. Think it was fate.

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

Hooray!! Best news I've heard all day!

Marge

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Tramp earned honorary Brittany status long ago :D Glad Lola is coming around a bit too. Congratulations!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Cindy wrote:Tramp earned honorary Brittany status long ago :D
True!!!

Tramp came into our hearts as his amazing rescue unfolded. Now that he has a home with you we will learn more about him. I am excited. I have to laugh at Lola playing with him -- "oops, I had fun again." :P
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Wow!!!!! You kept Tramp. That's fantastic. Your persistence saved him and he'll be a good boy as thanks, I'm sure. I have three boys and they're as sweet as ever. Thanks for saving a life......and yes, honorary Britt status, for sure !!!!

janjan697
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Post by janjan697 »

Would love to see some pics of this beautiful story.
One more dog gets a loving home. Makes me feel so so good.

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

I've been waiting until I could get some good images before uploading. Its hard to get a nice picture of a black dog. Anyway, here are a couple. He is a very handsome lad and I don't think these do him justice but for now, its all I have.
Chillin' on the lawn

More chillin' on the lawn

Sharing a sniff with Lola

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Update on Tramp and Lola (now with pics)

Post by AuntieMom »

That picture of his face is just the sweetest! He looks like a happy guy - scratching his back and finding interesting things to sniff with Lola.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

He is very handsome and looks so healthy thanks to your good feeding!! And Lola appears to be "tolerating" him well.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

Just think of what you've done for this dog....with a LOT of patience, work, lost sleep and perseverance. He's got a home, parents, a sister. Congrats on a great job and for, really, saving a life. Handsome boy and so at ease in his yard after weeks (months??) of trying to live on his own. Strong work !!!!!!

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

He seems to be in pretty good shape. The vet couldn't find any issues. His coat is a bit coarse and he kinda smells a little (When we brought him home he downright stunk - but a friend gave him the salon treatment and he is much improved.) I'm hoping a good diet will help with the odor and perhaps his coat will get a little softer (but maybe its naturally a little coarse.) His poop is too soft, at firsti I thought it might be diet change and/or stress but it hasn't improved over the 2 or 3 weeks we've had him so now I'm thinking its time to get tested for giardia.. (although it could still be stress because due to a death in my family he just spent several days in the kennel - not the ideal time to put him in the kennel but it couldn't be helped - so more stress). His weight is good, the vet and I agree that 60 lbs is perfect for him. All in all he doesn't seem to have any unusual health issues.

He has started guarding my office - that is really really really bad. When my boss walked in Tramp sprang up and barked and growled. Scared the boss which is never a good thing to do. Now I have him under my desk leashed to my filing cabinet. I have to teach him to stay down and quiet when people enter. I need to be able to get to him BEFORE he springs up. I'm going to buy a crate for the office. We cannot have even one more outburst like the one with my boss or Tramp is going to have to spend his days at home alone.

Margol
Puppy

Post by Margol »

Try a dollop of pumpkin on his food for a few weeks. This always has worked for me when my new dogs would experience soft stools!
Looks like a great dog!!

janjan697
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Post by janjan697 »

He is lovely. Those brindle legs!
After all your hard work and dedication he seems to be showing his gratitude but yes, not the boss Tramp!!
Congratulations -two dogs, at least, is the only way. I love two separate personalities to live with plus one is always game to be cuddled....

janet909
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by janet909 »

I remember when I adopted Wesley. I was really shocked and distressed by his fur. It was wavy and coarse and scratchy. He had been shaved when he went into foster care because apparently he had dread locks (the foster dad's words for matted fur) and it had grown a little but I was a little upset by how terrible it felt. My vet assured me that he had the "Ole Roy" coat (poor nutrition) and that if I gave him great nutrition, I would see a difference in 6 months. He was right !!!!! Now he's soft, fluffy and gorgeous. Of course their fur is an extension of what they're eating/feeling......I should have realized that right away. Tramp will get much better......now about the boss.......not good, Tramp !!!