We finally have our puppy!

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
Brendainnj
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

We finally have our puppy!

Post by Brendainnj »

Well, after waiting since the end of March, (first for the litter to be born, then another 8 wks!), we finally picked up Tanner last Sunday! After a LONG road trip home w/an overnight hotel stay (oh my, what fun w/a new puppy :wink: ) he's finally here. And I have fallen head over heels for him...honestly I never thought there could be a cuter pup than a Lab, but I have been converted by this one! I am amazed at his expressions and how he will just "look" at me with such adoration, or if I'm doing something new--he has an almost quizzical expression trying to figure it out. Just adorable. He has to be, cause during his "crazy" overtired times, he can be a real pill :roll:. It's been 13 years since I had a puppy so I have to brush up on a lot!

I had questioned whether to get a male or female but in the end, the decision was kind of made for us--we put in for a male (more to appease my DH) but were open to whatever puppy was best suited to our family. Out of a litter of 5, there was only 1 girl so we ended up w/a male. Although he's a doll now, I hope I can survive 2 yrs. with him intact, since the breeder stipulated this in our contract.

As soon as I can figure out how to post pics, I'll do it--my son has probably taken 200 this week!

Thanks for all the feedback I've gotten to my questions!

Brenda

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Re: We finally have our puppy!

Post by Cindy »

Congratulations and you know we can't wait to see the pictures! :D
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

Congratulations!! That's fantastic news! We haven't had a puppy for some time, but our first Britt was only 8 weeks when we got her... Oh, how I remember that moment of falling crazy, head over heels in love with her. Enjoy!

Marge

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

Prepare for a wild ride over the next year! Have fun.

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Exciting news :D Really looking forward to seeing the little guy, and hearing about his life :)
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Congratulations! Those puppies are exciting, full of energy, and sooooo much fun. :D :D :D
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

BARB J
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by BARB J »

I'm so happy for you! You are about a month ahead of us in getting that puppy. I can't wait to see some photos and learn from YOUR experiences!