The new puppy is learning quickly

General Brittany Discussion

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Forum rules
Welcome to general discussion!

Did your Britt make you laugh today? Did he do something so smart, you are blown away? Those puppy teeth causing you to tear up, and you need an outlet? Or do you want to post a picture of his or her latest point? This is the place for it!
duckypond1
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

The new puppy is learning quickly

Post by duckypond1 »

We got Tucker May 1st and he has already grown from 12 pounds to 30 pounds! Hes such a smart boy and having his big brother Jeice around to help teach him things has made training him so easy even at a young age!

We took a trip to the beach here in San Diego, Tucker's first trip, and he had lots of fun meeting other dogs and seeing what the ocean was!

He loves going on walks with his big brother, I cant wait till they are both big, well-behaved boys!
Jeice Image and Tucker Image

PCTech01
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Re: The new puppy is learning quickly

Post by PCTech01 »

Great photos and you have some fine looking dogs there! :)

The pup has a "proud" look in his eyes!

PC

BARB J
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by BARB J »

They are BOTH adorable! Such sweeties!

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Really cute - thanks for sharing!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

Oh, they both look great. Pups of course look so loveable.... I remember when Lola was a pup I used to put her into her crate and night and in the morning I'd swear that a bigger dog came out.

taymiss2
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Post by taymiss2 »

I am so curious how old Tucker is. He has grown from 12 pound on May 1st to 30 pounds all ready?! Our Bailey is now 4 months old and only weighs like 17 pounds. She seems so small to me. I keep calling her the pigmy brittany. I really don't know what size she should be at this age though.

Brendainnj
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by Brendainnj »

I thought the same thing!! Our pup Tanner was 13 lbs. @ his 11 week vet visit. I hope he doesn't grow that fast!

duckypond1
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by duckypond1 »

Yesterday (July 4th) was Tucker's 5 month birthday. I just weighed him and he is at 32 pounds

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

Wow-Tucker is going to be big brit! My Emma is 6 years old and only weighs 31lbs!

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

Let me start by saying what a cutie Tucker is! I love the pic of the two dogs sitting side by side...

Anyway, years ago when we got Rocket, he was 6 months old and weighed just shy of 35 lbs. He was nearly full-grown, and although he eventually filled out a bit, he's always been on the smaller side, and stays well under 40 lbs. Jack, on the other hand, was 2 yrs. old when he came to us, and he was all skin and bones at 37 lbs. His healthy weight is closer to 45 lbs. Both dogs are healthy and active... Its just what's normal for them!

Marge

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

MaggieRocks wrote:My Emma is 6 years old and only weighs 31lbs!
Ha ha...Kind of puts things into perspective, I guess!

Marge

DLDoiron
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by DLDoiron »

My Dazy Dew is 8 and weighs in at 27 pounds. She is a very petit little girl with the attitude of a 50 pounder.
Doc, Dazy Dew, & CJ

Diana

taymiss2
Puppy Kindergarten Grad
Puppy Kindergarten Grad

Post by taymiss2 »

So Bailey is just a few weeks younger than Tucker and about half his size?!

Her Dad is a dual champion so meets the breed standard perfectly but the Mom looked undersized to me. She is just probably going to take after her Mom. Our last girl was on the bigger size for a Britt 45-50 pounds. This fiesty little girl we have now is so hilariously different.

duckypond1
Good Citizen
Good Citizen

Post by duckypond1 »

Hmm, I know the breed standard says most Britts are between 30-40 pounds. Jeice is sitting at 48 pounds and everyone always tells me that I need to feed him more with how skinny he looks. To be fair, Jeice was a rescue and I dont have papers for him, but still....I have always thought that maybe my dogs were big because of the amount of exercise we get, but I could be wrong.

MaggieRocks
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by MaggieRocks »

I'm not sure what role exercise plays with size. Emma is small at 31lbs, and she runs around like a maniac! My husband and I jokingly call her "Rabid Dog" when she runs around Maggie in circles, tearing up grass around her, grunting and huffing...she is a sight! She is definitely our most active dog.

Maggie is our largest brit at 41lbs, but she is absolutely perfect at that weight. I worried it was a bit much for a female, but there is no fat on her at all and our vet always says how good she looks. She's just not a dainty little girl! She also is very active-just not a maniac like Emma.

And Sammy, our rescue, falls in between at about 32-34lbs, so he is actually kind of small for a male. (Of course, we have no idea about his heritage.) His weight is good, though. He's a little bit taller than Emma; shorter than Maggie.

But I have also wondered where such a wide range of sizes comes in. We fostered a brit one time who could almost reach our kitchen counter without even standing up on his hind legs, he was so tall! He wasn't fat at all, and was a gorgeous boy. But how could a brit be so tall?!!!