Put in an offer on a house!

For all off topic chats.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Re: Put in an offer on a house!

Post by adele »

Drag! If its owned by a bank they are probably anxious to get rid of it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

mart
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by mart »

a bank, huh...we are about to close on one of those. Patience is key, underfunded and undermaned.
Best of luck though!!

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mark »

Woohoo! They countered at a price point we liked, and so we accepted their counter pending inspection.

So now that things are a bit more sure.. A little description-

The house itself is nothing to write home about- its an older prefab thing, that is in need of some TLC (though it appears to be structurally OK- that'll come out in the inspection I guess). We figure we can use our "first time home buyer's credit" to remodel, repaint, buy appliances, etc.. and make it a very comfortable place for the next 5+ years. Our ultimate plan is to tear it down when we have saved enough, and rebuild something that fits us better.

The land.. the land.. it is almost 4 acres. The entire property is surrounded by thick trees- the edge of the property is about 500' off the road (we share a driveway with the neighbor, and have to cross his entire lot to get to ours). The property itself is kind of a rolling meadow, with a few groves of mature trees. There is a small pond that just touches one edge of the lot (I think the lot extends about 5' into the pond- we basically get to enjoy the view, without losing any land). It really is a hidden little paradise, and is VERY affordable (in fact, at the price we paid, we would be getting a great deal JUST on the land, let alone the land + the house).

So, I figure Monty is going to be a big fan of the yard! :D
Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Monty.
He's so hot right now.
Monty.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! The property sounds fantastic and if you are like us, you'll wind up spending most of your time outdoors anyway. Sounds perfect for Monty (not to mention Gabe) and you'll fix the house up to suit your purposes. Our closest neighbor (not very close) has a prefab house and they've done all kinds of stuff to it. Pushed out one entire side 12', added on a huge greenhouse, several decks, etc. etc. It's really very nice. I'm excited for you guys.

First thing I'd spend $$ on is invisible fencing for Monty. If you go that route, you might want to run it so he can't go in the pond unless you're there and take the collar off. Just a suggestions based on what my inlaws did around their pond.

PS You never responded to my earlier question - why did you move and what are you doing for work now? I'm just being nosey!! :oops:
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mark »

Thanks Cindy! We're pumped! Lots of ideas running through our mind. Eventually we will probably go the invisible collar route, but for now, I think we'll stick to hanging out with Monty in the back, with him on his E-collar. And then after some time decide how much running room he gets.

As for why we moved- 1 word, 3 syllables: grand-par-ents. :) Both Jen's parents and Mine live within a mile of each other.. and now it looks like we'll be within a 10 minute drive from them. I kept my current position, and will be doing it remotely (I just program all day, so it doesn't really matter where I am). :D
Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Monty.
He's so hot right now.
Monty.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

i totally get the grandparents/babysitter issue. Makes perfect sense. And how nice that your job travels so well. Sounds like a great decision! John and I have only bought one house (the one we're in). Took us 2 years to find and we are NEVER EVER leaving ... unless we win lotto and can afford hundreds of acres!!
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Wow, wow,wow! 4 acres sounds great. That will be absolute heaven for Monty and Gabe!!!
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Tyrone_MN
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by Tyrone_MN »

Good Luck :!:

Been trying to sell one here for the last 9 months, without giving it away..

:mrgreen:
-Steve
Ty - May '95 - Sept '09 Brett - Dec '09

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Oh Mark....happy :D :D for you all....sounds like a win-win for everybody 8) 8) And it sounds like a super spot....glad it worked out :) So, when do you close and get to move in and get started making it home ?
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Congrats!!! Sounds terrific, can't wait to see pictures. And as a grandma, gotta say you are wonderful for moving so close to your parents, there's nothing like having a grandchild so close. Good luck, fingers crossed til the inspection is over!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

Helen E.
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Post by Helen E. »

Congratulations - I am so jealous! :) My girls are still waiting for a few acres to run, but they make good use of the yard they have.

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Yeeeeessss!!!! Pictures SOON :!: :!: :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

Jacksbuddy
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by Jacksbuddy »

Congrats Mark! Sounds like a great find. :)

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
- Edward Hoagland

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

It does sound great. I'm with Cindy get that invisible fencing. I know whatcha mean about trying to figure out how much room he gets. I was going to give Lola all the space we had available but eventually decided to fence the area I could see from the house (aside from a little corner of forest which I included for Lola's amusement). I like to be able to look out the window and see what she's up to. She has sufficient space to move and enough field and forest to provide entertainment. I love that fence... so much freedom and independence for the dog at so little cost.

Liz H
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Liz H »

Great ! For you, for Jen, for Gabe and of course, the oh-so-hot Monty! You're gonna be big time birdwatchers, I can just bet. (esp the Mont-ster)
:D
Liz,Max CD,RN APDT RL1 CL, RL2, CGC;Tyler CD, CGC; and at the Rainbow Bridge - Connie RCP (Retired Couch Potato)