Prayers Need

For all off topic chats.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Re: Prayers Need

Post by Barb Wright »

Whew !! Full plate for you Ron.....hoping all goes well and you all get back good again.
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Ron »

Mom, is now living in a ret.home with 24 -7 care. She had the right foot (toes ) removed two weeks ago Thursday. Next week the doctor is thinking to do the left foot. She is no longer to stay at her home. She has ulcers on the feet that are open and some of them are down in the bone. Were the bone shows , they are black in color.

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Ron, I do not know what to say....it's just an awful report. My heart goes out to you to have to deal with this situation, and I so wish that your Mom did not have to endure this misery.
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Very sad news. May your mother have peace, Ron.
Trapper, CharLee & Kallie

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

That's just terrible news Ron - I am sorry. Hearing these stories makes me appreciate that my dad died fairly suddenly and had good quality of life right up until the last week or so. There's no getting around it - growing old can suck. :(
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Ron »

Saw mom today, she was in good spirits today. We had her look at a elect. wheelchair today ,and tried it out . She look like she was having fun with it :D . we ask what color she wanted (red or blue) she said BLUE.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Well, an electric wheelchair is something I could get excited over!! :lol: :lol: I once took my Dad to Sams Club and told him to drive the electric cart around and he had a blast. Unfortunately he drove the cart the way he drove a car - FAST!!! But he had a ball doing it. Anything to keep their spirits up is what I say.

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Ron wrote:Saw mom today, she was in good spirits today. We had her look at a elect. wheelchair today ,and tried it out . She look like she was having fun with it :D . we ask what color she wanted (red or blue) she said BLUE.
Brought back memories of my father in law. He was really proud of his set of wheels too and could roll about like nobody's business! :D

Edited for typo.
Last edited by AuntieMom on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Ron »

Well Mom had her second surgery on the July 5th, they took the left toes off ,and things are going well. Surgery was at 2pm ,and she was back in her room by 5pm :D , she was awake and talking like nothing happened. :shock: When her dinner came at 6:15 she ate everything that they gave her. :shock: :shock: Today when I saw her ,she was doing great , and only took 1 pain pill :) :) she is in good sprits,and the doctor told us that she would go back to the nursing home sometime Monday.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

WOW - I admire your mom's spirit. She must be one tough lady to endure so much and keep on smiling.

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Cindy wrote:WOW - I admire your mom's spirit. She must be one tough lady to endure so much and keep on smiling.
Agreed. She has been through so much. May she has the rest and relaxation now!

Ron
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by Ron »

Well, the surgery on the left foot has turned for the worse, Mom is in a lot of pain(8 to 9) on the pain scale , 10 the highest. we are waiting on the Doctor to set up another date for surgery, so they can remove the left lower leg below the knee. :( :( Mom gave them the go a head to do this,so that she can be pain free. I don't know how much more that she can take as of now. Also the doctor wants Hospice to get involived. This not the news I want to hear right now.

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Oh Ron, not the news anyone wants to hear. Please know you are all in our thoughts.

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

Ron, so sorry to hear the news about Mom....hopefully she can keep her spirits up and get through this...she's a tough lady!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

AuntieMom
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by AuntieMom »

Praying for your mom and family, Ron.