Mark Hospitalized

For all off topic chats.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mark Hospitalized

Post by Mark »

Well, we managed to get home last night somehow (my wife and mom were flying standby, I managed to be given a confirmed seat.. they got the last 2 seats on the plane). They always say there is no bed like your own, and this rang incredibly true. Unfortunately, while we were away, Jen's grandfather passed away, so on our way home from the airport we stopped at the wake, and then today, Jen attended the funeral. He was 90, a WWII navy vet, and one incredible man- he'll be missed greatly, but lovingly and fondly remembered. It feels good to be getting back to something resembling normal. I still have some pain when I cough, but nothing like what I was experiencing last week. For pain killing, I am getting by fine with Advil. I hope my next trip to NJ goes a tad bit smoother ;).
mart wrote:You might want to stay there. We spent all day digging out, digging other people out. Most of the side roads are still unplowed in many areas. Even got to help dig out a tow truck!
We had some amazing neighbors and family members. Our neighbor who we share the driveway with, did a great job plowing us out (he has a big plow on the front of his pickup, and does it as a side business.. since we share the driveway, he does our driveway when he does his own). Then my father-in-law came over on Monday morning, and dug out our car, and used our snow-blower to clear the walk up to the house, and patio, then his small plastic/electric sweeper to clear off the front deck. So we came home to a completely cleared driveway, walk, and entry.. we're quite grateful!
Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Monty.
He's so hot right now.
Monty.

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

:D :D Mark, you live right :P :P Good doctors, good family, good neighbors....way to go 8) 8) Now, just heal and get back up to "Mark" speed :D :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

rtropeano
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by rtropeano »

Mark, so sorry to hear about Jen's grandfather, but glad you made it home safe. Hope you heal fast and get better soon.
Rose

"I didn't do nothing, Mama!"
Daisy Mae, CGC, TDI, CTL1-F

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Glad you're home, glad you're feeling better, condolences to you and Jen on her Grandfather, he sounds like quite a man. Here's hoping you all have a great rest of this Holiday season!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Please pass along my sympathies to Jen. Sounds like she had one awful week! Glad you're home and bet you'll start to feel a WHOLE lot better.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

Muddy Creek Britts
Zinger
Zinger

Post by Muddy Creek Britts »

Glad everything worked out okay, Mark. But I sure hope Jen tried giving you some pumpkin in your food before flying you all over the country for a colonic...or should I say to get your anal glands expressed. :wink: :P

Sympathies to Jen and family.
Brian
Muddy Creek Britts
"When a dog runs at you, whistle for him." ~~Henry David Thoreau

holisticmom
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by holisticmom »

Condolences to you and Jen, Mark.
Glad you're better. Now, no one will judge you if you want to share what you swallowed. :wink:
The point of [dog guardianship] is to open oneself to becoming partly a dog...Edward Hoagland

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mark »

Thanks for all of the well-wishes and condolences. I shared them with Jen, and she greatly appreciates them.

Quick status update- I am basically back to normal. I still have a few days of lifting nothing more than 10-lbs (a bit impossible with a 20-month-old, and the tons of snow we've had), but other than the incision being a bit tender, I am back to 100%.

As for what I swallowed, it was one of Monty's favorite squeaky toys.. ;)

Actually, what the doctor found was a congenital adhesion- basically a band of tissue that I likely had since birth, that acted like a clothesline, and caused my intestine to kink around it. The kink then caused the blockage. He was very surprised to find it, as congenital adhesions are quite rare, and from the CT scan he thought it was a tumor. Overall it was a great find- no tumor, and finding/fixing something that has probably been causing my recurring GI issues for the last 10-years or so. Though as Jen says- I could have picked a place closer to home (or be AT home) to have this happen ;).
Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Monty.
He's so hot right now.
Monty.

Barb Wright
The Grammar Police
The Grammar Police

Post by Barb Wright »

Ah Destiny....it figures in our lives more that we know :!: At least you were not out on some obscure knoll in the Tetons when the fickle finger of fate pointed at you :P :P

Glad to hear you are on the mend...onward and upward for the new year 8) 8) So, got that sticky wicket behind you, how're things with Gabe, Monty, Jen and the "homestead"??? Bring us up to date :D
RIP Sweet Cassie 4/98 - 3/13

kat
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by kat »

Barb Wright wrote: Glad to hear you are on the mend...onward and upward for the new year 8) 8) So, got that sticky wicket behind you, how're things with Gabe, Monty, Jen and the "homestead"??? Bring us up to date :D
With pictures please!
My mom is a Kat - How cool is that?

adele
Field Trial Champion
Field Trial Champion

Post by adele »

This is the first time I've been hear and read about your ordeal. Just wanted to add that I'm glad things are getting better.