Pug puppy

For all questions/discussion on other breeds.

Moderators: Barb Wright, Lisa

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Pug puppy

Post by Cindy »

One of the women I work with has been bringing her 15 week old Pug to work from time to time. Milly is quite the little character and amazingly well behaved for being so young. I love the little snorty noises she makes sniffing around my desk! :) I only work part time but, apparently, other people have been bringing their dogs in for visits as well - a golden doodle, a lab, etc. I wish I didn't live so far away because I'd love to bring in the girls, just to see what they would do. I'm sure Kayla would go from office to office looking for attention and hopefully a handout. But I bet Jill would stick pretty close to me for fear that she'd break a rule! Such a responsibility being "almost perfect." Anyway, I'm just a little surprised this is allowed at the health department, aren't you?
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

adleblanc
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Re: Pug puppy

Post by adleblanc »

I can bring PJ to my job. He is always on alert and everytime somebody walks by he barks :roll: I only take him on the weekends when it is just me working.

Andrea
Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes. ~Lewis Grizzard

Kerplunk105
Junior Hunter
Junior Hunter

Post by Kerplunk105 »

Why would the health department care? As long as you arent involved in preparing food it doesnt really matter.
Elizabeth
Leena, Brittany/GSP mix 11/11/08-9/17/09
Bliss, Labrador 1/18/00-12/30/13
Tegan, Weim/Labrador mix

Cindy
Dual Champion
Dual Champion

Post by Cindy »

Kerplunk105 wrote:Why would the health department care? As long as you arent involved in preparing food it doesnt really matter.
I was thinking more from the number of people who come through the doors every day and liability. It's a VERY public place and the Free Clinic is even there. But obviously it's not a big deal.

The barking thing ... that's probably what Jill would do since she's such a watch dog.
Kayla RIP 10/2/15, Pippa, and Layla

mkilcz
Senior Hunter
Senior Hunter

Post by mkilcz »

I work in a community resource center, and last spring a co-worker brought in her lab puppy for several weeks until she was big enough to be home alone. The puppy was a big hit with the people we serve, and sometimes they would drop in just to see the puppy and end up signing up for classes, etc. It was great!

Marge